Customers have been asking a number of questions in regards to Fidelity National Home Warranty customer service, delivery and shipping, FNHW refunds and policy, and whether Fidelity National Home Warranty is a scam.
Rating* - ⭐⭐ (1.3)
Claimed Losses - $29, 000
We identified the following top Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQ:
- How can I contact customer service?
- Is Fidelity National Home Warranty legit?
- What is the service delivery time?
- What is the coverage?
- How do I cancel the policy and get a refund for the unexpired period of the contract?
- Will Fidelity National Home Warranty reimburse me for repairs done by a non-FNHW contractor?
1. How Can I Contact Fidelity National Home Warranty Customer Service?
Customers can contact Fidelity National Home Warranty customer help via Fidelity National Home Warranty phone numbers, chat link, fax, sending a mail to the Fidelity National Home Warranty address, or through the Fidelity National Home Warranty social media pages (Facebook and LinkedIn). Pissedconsumer.com provides the following Fidelity National Home Warranty contact information:
Fidelity National Home Warranty Phone Number:
Corporate Office Address:
Fidelity National Home Warranty
1850 Gateway Boulevard, Suite 400 Concord,
You can also get in touch with the Fidelity National Home Warranty customer care via the contact form provided on homewarranty.com. You will be required to choose the topic you are inquiring about, and to provide your name and email address. Also, write the subject for your query and in the message section provide further details about your issue or question.
2. Is FNHW Legit?
In the “Benefits of a Home Warranty” section under the Homeowners page, Fidelity National Home Warranty promises customers that “…help is a phone call away…”. The company highlights the following top benefits of Fidelity National Home Warranty plan:
“...The benefits of a Fidelity National Home Warranty plan far outweigh the costs:
- One call
- One service fee
- Most major systems & appliances covered under the basic plan
- Superior customer service
- Quick, efficient response time…”
The big question that potential customers have is whether Fidelity National Home Warranty honor their promise. We looked through the Fidelity National Home Warranty reviews on PissedConsumer.com to investigate if customers were satisfied with the Fidelity National Home Warranty plan.
As at the date of writing this article, Fidelity National Home Warranty had an overall 1.3-star rating out of 32 rated reviews on Pisssedconsumer.co. The rating stats reveal that majority of the reviewers are dissatisfied with Fidelity National Home Warranty services. 25 reviews are 1-star, 6 reviews are 2-stars and only 1 review is a 4 star. No customer has rated Fidelity National Home Warranty as 5-star so far.
One of the most frequent Fidelity National Home Warranty complaints is in regards to customer service. Fidelity National Home Warranty reviews indicate that customers have had to hold on the line for up to an hour to get assistance and in some cases, they did not get a resolution to their issues. Other Fidelity National Home Warranty complaints are in regards to poor service delivery, and failure to follow through with authorized arrangements.
3. What Is the Fidelity National Home Warranty Service Delivery Time?
According to the Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQs page, once you have made a service request, FNHW will get in touch with a qualified service provider within 3 hours during business hours and within 48 hours during weekends and holidays. The service provider will then call you to schedule a convenient time within the business hours to come in for repairs. Fidelity National Home Warranty notes that special considerations will be made should the service requested render the home inhabitable.
However, while FNHW states that it takes between 3hours and 48 hours to put you in touch with a service provider, some customers have come forth to complain about long service delivery time in the Fidelity National Home Warranty reviews on PissedConsumer.com. Here is a sample Fidelity National Home Warranty service delay complaint #1356655:
“…As a new homeowner on 9/10, with a repair order for a broken refrigerator placed by the previous homeowner in AUGUST.....WHY are your phone reps telling me I will have no working fridge until after 9/28? That is absolutely ridiculous to have this home warranty which is avoiding the claim…”
4. What Is the Coverage of Fidelity National Home Warranty?
According to the Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQs, the Fidelity National Home Warranty policy is effective for only one year upon receipt of payment. To keep your warranty running, it is best to renew it before the expiration date.
According to the Fidelity National Home Warranty Homeowners page, the company offers customized warranty plans to fit the different needs of homeowners. However, they offer a standard coverage plan that covers the following:
- Plumbing system
- Plumbing stoppages
- Sump pump (permanently installed)
- Bathroom whirlpool motor pump
- Recirculating hot water pump
- Water heater
- Heating and ductwork
- Electrical system
- Telephone system
- Central vacuum system
- Garage door opener
- Ceiling fans
- Attic and exhaust fans
- Smoke detectors
- Built-in microwave
- Instant hot water dispenser
- Trash compactor
They also offer optional coverage at an additional cost for kitchen refrigerator, washer/dryer, air conditioning, pool and spa equipment, limited septic leak and roof leak repair.
5. How Do I Cancel Fidelity National Home Warranty Policy and Will I Get a Refund for the Unexpired Period of the Contract?
According to the Fidelity National Home Warranty comprehensive plus plan terms, you may cancel your warrant contract at any time. FNHW can cancel your contract for the following reasons:
“…(a) non-payment of services fees; (b) fraud or misrepresentation of facts, material to the issuance of this contract; (c) when the contract is for Seller’s Coverage and close of escrow does not occur, or (d) mutual agreement between contract holder and FNHW…”
Upon cancellation of your contract, you are entitled to a pro-rated refund of the paid contract fees for the remaining duration of the contract. The refundable amount is exclusive of any unpaid fees and an administrative fee of $25 that is incurred by FNHW. To cancel your warranty policy, get in touch with Fidelity National Home Warranty customer help.
6. Will Fidelity National Home Warranty Reimburse Me for Repairs Done by a Non-FNHW Contractor?
In the Fidelity National Home Warranty terms of coverage, it is stipulated that FNHW will not reimburse any cost incurred if you do the work yourself or if you outsource an independent contractor for service work covered in your warranty.
However, in the case that FNHW grants you the authority to outsource an independent contractor to perform a service that is covered in your warranty policy, FNHW will reimburse on condition that you select a qualified and insured contractor, the contractor provides fair and reasonable rates on parts and labor, and you must contact FNHW to confirm that the service work is covered in your warranty before the contractor starts repairs.
Do you have a Fidelity National Home Warranty review, complaint or question?
- Get in touch with Fidelity National Home Warranty customer help.
- Leave a review on PissedConsumer.com
- Ask a question on the Fidelity National Home Warranty Q&A page.
Health and Beauty Expert
Winnie is a freelance writer and B2C content expert who specializes in health and beauty, cafes and restaurants, fitness products buyer guides and researches. She has been working with international clients since 2012.
*The company ratings on the PissedConsumer website are calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the company’s profile. The algorithm parameters are: users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company responses and more. The PissedConsumer algorithm is also subject to change in the future.
- fidelity national home warranty cancellations
- fidelity national home warranty customer service
- fidelity national home warranty help
- fidelity national home warranty refunds
- is fidelity national home service any good
- is fidelity national home warranty legit
- is fidelity national home warranty safe
1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.
2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.