Rebecca Garland
Business and Education Expert

PlayStation has been in the news in a big way ever since the release of the PS5. Gamers are trading up from their current PS4 and working hard to get their hands on the elusive latest version of the gaming system. But not all is well for the excited fans. Many are struggling with account issues and trying to call Playstation support for help.

Here at PissedConsumer, we have logged a total of 325 complaints since January of 2021 alone. There were more than 34.9K calls made to the Playstation support number through our site. 38% percent of those calls dealt specifically with PlayStation account issues. It begs the question: what do enthusiasts need to know about their PS account, and PlayStation customer service?

Playstation Q and A

Number of PlayStation reviews – 5K

PlayStation rating* – 2.2⭐⭐

Claimed losses – $2.2M

Issues resolved –  32

Successful calls – 6%/34.9K

How Do I Call PlayStation Support?

One would hope that calling PlayStation support is as simple as calling up the customer service number. There are several PlayStation customer service contacts available, which should make it simple for customers. Unfortunately, some consumers have found that contacting Playstation customer support is more complicated than they anticipated.

One PissedConsumer user had trouble with his account and called PlayStation support (review #2362907). He “tried calling Playstation support and was told to call back later or chat online.” He “waited for almost an hour to chat with someone online just to be told that Sony is trying to protect my account and I would not be able to use it for 24 hours or purchase a Playstation card and use it.

The reviewer expressed frustration with waiting an hour for PlayStation live chat and then still had no solution to his concern.

Playstation error issue complaint

Another customer had trouble with “false charges” on his bank statement from Sony (review #2370958). According to that reviewer, “I honestly thought that somebody hacked into my account and was charging my debit card.” When the reviewer tried to call Playstation support number he “count not get through to anybody at the playstation network to verify what they were for." Since he could not find answers to his PlayStation account hacked questions, he canceled his card and disputed the charges.

That said, many reviews show that customers have struggled with PlayStation support. If you would like to reach the company, you have two options:

• You can call PlayStation support number at 1-800-345-7669.
  • You can also reach out to the company through PlayStation support chat on the Sony website.

Is it Worth Buying PlayStation?

Ultimately, the value of a product or service is up to the buyer, but if you are wondering how others viewed the PlayStation Network and system, there are plenty of reviews online. The PlayStation reviews and ratings vary across multiple websites. Here on PissedConsumer, customers left PlayStation reviews giving this company a 2.2-star rating. TechRadar.com has awarded the latest PS gaming system 4.5 stars. Whereas the Better Business Bureau, or BBB.org, Playstation complaints have created a rating of only 1.09 out of 5 stars.

This widespread of ratings may be reflecting the differences between the PS system and PlayStation customer support. Among the PlayStation complaints on BBB.org, one customer rejects Sony’s solution to contact them directly via chat. He claims that the PlayStation support chat feature is a “very poor option” and expressed frustration with the company’s “incompetence.”

Playstation BBB review

A poster on Reddit shared a PlayStation account hacked story. According to this post, his account was hacked and charged. After calling Playstation support, he was told the matter would be resolved. But later his account was locked and banned due to the fees charged as his bank worked to refute the hacked charges. The issue remains unresolved months later.

Playstation Reddit review

Can I Get a PlayStation Refund?

The PlayStation refund policy is a common topic of discussion on reddit.com and in the various reviews and complaints online. According to the PlayStation FAQs, some refunds are possible. To request a Playstation refund, you must contact the company within 14 days of purchase. This PlayStation refund policy extends to games, downloadable content, in-game consumables, and season passes.

PlayStation refund type

If you are looking to refund or delete PlayStation account options, you are requested to contact the company within 14 days of purchase or subscription set-up. This refund policy includes questions about the PlayStation Network as well.

PlayStation refund subscription

You may call PlayStation support for further assistance. You can use the above-specified PlayStation phone number, refund chatbot provided on their Contact us page, or address your issue on their Twitter page: @AskPlayStation.

How Do I Cancel PlayStation?

Wondering how to cancel PlayStation? The procedure is outlined in the PlayStation cancellation policy. According to the PlayStation cancellation policy, to cancel an auto-renewed policy, you must simply turn off the auto-renew.

To cancel Playstation memberships, you sign into the Account Management software on your browser or through the PS4 or PS5. Then in the Subscription menu, you will have the option to turn off the Auto-Renew for your membership subscription.

Playstation cancel page

The page dedicated to information about how to cancel PlayStation subscriptions also warns customers that the auto-renew setting is turned back on every time you set up a new ongoing subscription.

PlayStation cancel subscription

Customers are also warned to cancel auto-renew subscriptions before the renewal date to avoid charges. In some PlayStation reviews on websites like Reddit, customers follow the instructions on the website but are still unable to cancel a subscription.

PlayStation Plus Reddit review

This reviewer didn't call PlayStation support phone number, instead, this user was able to find the needed answer through other posters. According to the comments under this post, the website frequently has glitches, but the poster should be able to cancel an auto-renew through his PS4.

How to Delete PlayStation Account?

If you’re trying to figure out how to delete PlayStation account, you’re not alone. This is a common question across multiple forms and review websites, especially for those who feel that their PlayStation account hacked.

According to the website, to delete Playstation account, you must contact the company. When you contact customer service to delete PlayStation account, be sure you have your online identification and your sign-in information like your email address.

How to delete PlayStation account

The company warns that when you close your account, you will lose your PlayStation access to accounts and products. Previously purchased PlayStation games will no longer be available. You will no longer have access to the PlayStation Network. You can contact the company by phone or through PlayStation support chat.

Closing PS account

There are thousands of PlayStation reviews across multiple websites and forums. Many of these are complaints about Playstation.com customer service options and issues with accounts. Across multiple platforms, their reviews seem to be increasing in recent months. Customers are frustrated and seeking answers.

If you have questions or concerns about your PS console or account, you can reach out to the company directly or communicate with others to crowdsource answers through websites like PissedConsumer.com. Get started by leaving a PlayStation review.

*The company ratings on the PissedConsumer website are calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the company’s profile. The algorithm parameters are: users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company responses and more. The PissedConsumer algorithm is also subject to change in the future.

Rebecca Garland
Business and Education Expert

Rebecca Garland, M.S. is a business and education writer. She holds secondary teaching certifications in six areas, has a degree in Business, and earned a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science. As an expert, Rebecca has been working with international clients since 2005.

• cancel PlayStation
  • PlayStation refund
  • Playstation reviews
  • PlayStation support

Legal disclaimers:

1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.

2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.

Leave a Reply for Anon

ELIZABETH ZAYAS #2199
I also would like to confirm that the adults that work at playstation act as whining children, they are the worst people i had to deal with so far. They are disgusting, vile excuse of a human. As of now i don't know if they will ever resolve my problem.
shawn #2681
my account was hacked. email was changed and I was charged on my bank account for two purchases I didn't make. the bot service they have is useless and 5 days now trying to get ahold of them to regain account access has proven futile. piss poor customer service
Dav #3109
Me too smh
Catherine Copeland #2693
I need help and have found impossible to get through by phone or online. Please tell me how I can talk to someone.
Anthony Cruz #2747
When I go to the website it has The Nioh Collection available but when I go to Playstation store on my play station it does not come up. Am I able to purchase and download to ps4? It say it supports ps4 and ps5
BigDumbClown #2756
Just noticed I was being charged for two subscriptions. Playstation Now I had no idea why I was being charged for? I had no idea that I had purchased that subscription and I can't ask as to why I am being charged either. I am having a ton of trouble trying to get a customer support number for my problem too, as I am put into a circle of revolving questions and answers that don't take me anywhere. Sony/Playstation should be ashamed of themselves and yes, a class action lawsuit is more than overdue. I can easily cancel my subscription, but as to the money that was taken out of my bank account, with no recourse to investigate, or resolve this matter is like being robbed.
liam #2776
its thursday, 10:30 in the morning, "We are sorry but playstation support is now closed, please check the website for opening hours". Check website: "opening hours are from 8am to 8pm monday to friday".been trying to get my controller replaced for 2 months that broke after 3 weeks what a joke of a company.
Uncle B #3001
I recently upgraded to PS5 and ever since my account has been hacked every 3-10 days. Somehow the 2-step verification keeps getting turned on all the while I get emails replying it wasn't me. Customer service is the biggest joke going. Who on here has the original serial number from the PS1 they started their account on? I'm getting rid of this POS and going back to xbox.
Kelliott #3076
Have had multiple charges taken out (19.99, 19.99, 10.50, 10.50, 10.50) of my bank account and i dont even have a playstation. Try to call and i get no person due to i dont have a playstation. How do you make charges stop that are fraudulent? Done with finger pointing games.
Paul Kelley #3241
My account was hacked and I would like a reenburement on all of my games and would like all of my games transferred to my new account please...
Donna Patton #3248
Hi, money is always coming out of my account an I want to know y....My boys don't buy anything without my permission but there is money coming out nearly every week.....would like to get this sorted thanks
dave chambers #3354
I want my money back that was taken last night for the 12 months subscription to playstation plus that wasent authorised £49.99
Deshawn Molin #3395
Why did someone try and take $109 off my account. I know i never bought nothing more then a game that $60 for a new game?
Andres Franquez #3456
I am being charged $64.94 for something I don’t know what for, it’s not time for my renewal
Anonymous #3726
My fucking Playstation plus account ends on April 12th. They ended my subscription today it's March I need my Playstation plus account back the fuck on I'm really pissed about this it's my hard earned money Playstation fuckin with I need answers NOW!!!!
Jesse Allen #3727
Reactivate my account my subscription doesn't end til April 12 they ended today and its March I'm bout to look into a lawyer and sue Playstation for pain and suffering from losing in my leagues if it's not back up now
Michael Dowdall #3986
My playstation fell on floor power working but HD lead now not working as my playstation now not working but power light on
Anon #4425
Yeah, I did try contacting Sony first, they refused to help, so I went to my bank and had the charge stopped, then Sony banned me, like, Jesus... they'd really rather lose hundreds of dollars and my business, than simply refund my $20. (It had turned out the content I bought was no longer available, so I paid for nothing)
Anonymous #4606
My account has gotten hacked or something like that so now I can't get into my account. I need some kind of support number is the only way to get help. All the bot would do is wanna have me change my password but that isn't going to help since I already did and still can't get in. There isn't even an email for me to email them My issue.
Kevin 123 #4650
My sons online account has been deleted and he can't sign in,how can we sort this as we want to cancel a yearly subscription fee,and trying to talk to customer service is totally impossible