Cosmetic dentistry has over the years evolved to offer innovative solutions to various dental problems. Instasmile is on the front line in offering non-invasive cosmetic dentistry solutions through their veneers. Although the company promises a range of affordable and convenient products to give you the smile of your dreams, it is important to do your due diligence before committing your money and time to the Instasmile process and products.
Number of Reviews - 126
Rating* - 2.2⭐⭐
Number of Successful Calls - 26%
Number of Resolved Issues - 1
Pros - Affordable solutions to common aesthetic dental issues
Cons - Unfavorable return policy, poor customer service, delivery issues and poor quality of products
This article is a mini-research on us.instasmile.com to help you determine its credibility. We evaluate Instasmile reviews across the various review websites and answer the top Instasmile FAQs.
- Is it legit?
- What is Instasmile refund policy?
- How much does it cost?
- How long does it last?
- Does Instasmile work with missing teeth?
- How is it made?
1. Is Instasmile Legit?
To find out if Instasmile is legit, we evaluated what the company promises on its website against customers’ experiences on the various review platforms.
According to their website, us.instasmile.com offers custom made clip-on veneers with the aim of giving its customers the perfect smile. Instasmile veneers are an affordable, convenient, easy-to-use, and non-intrusive option for cosmetic dentistry. The veneers can be used to cover up missing teeth, natural gaps, chipped teeth, discolored teeth, and crooked teeth.
On Pissed Consumer Instasmile’s rating is 2.2 and most reviews are 1 or 2-star while on TrustPilot, Instasmile has a 4-star rating, and most reviewers rated the company as excellent.
A look at the various Instasmile reviews on Reddit, TrustPilot and PissedConsumer reveals that while some customers are satisfied with veneers and customer service, others were dissatisfied and wouldn’t recommend the company to other people.
For instance, in this Instasmile review (#1139525) on PissedConsumer.com, the customer gave a 5-star rate to the cosmetic dentistry company. She also expressed her satisfaction with Us.Instasmile.com because she had had terrible teeth from a very young age and Instasmile veneers proved to be the perfect solution.
…THANK YOU INSTAsmile! Thankyou so much for my gorgeous veneers..
they are just perfect!!.. I have my smile back, yayyy!!!.. I can not recommend this company enough, so helpful in every way!!...
On the other hand, there are numerous Instasmile complaints across the various review platforms. The top complaints are in regards to:
Poor customer service
Some customers reported having difficulty getting through to the Instasmile customer service phone number. Others complained that the Instasmile customer support representatives were unhelpful.
Refund policy and warranty
There are numerous Instasmile refund policy complaints where customers attempted to get a refund in vain.
In some Instasmila complaints, customers informed that they never got their veneers or impression kits even though the company said they had sent them out. Others complained that the veneers or impression kits took way longer than promised to be delivered.
Quality of products
Some reviewers expressed their dissatisfaction with the quality of veneers. For instance, in this Instasmile interview, the reviewer reported
...Dishonest, false advertisement. I did not get what was advertised and to top it off the veneers look like you have rabbit teeth. I spent 1000 dollars for a product that i will throw into the trash...
2. What Is Instasmile Refund Policy?
The top Instasmile complaints in regards to their return policy include situations where the customer had made full payment or enrolled for a payment plan but:
- The customer is deemed unsuitable for the veneers after sending in their impression kit.
- The veneers are defective.
- The veneers are not a good fit.
- The veneers broke shortly after starting to use them.
The Instasmile refund policy clearly stipulates the terms for eligibility for a refund and the refundable amount for the above situations as follows:
- Customers can cancel their order within 14 days of making the order for a refund to be determined by the company.
- After 14 days, from the time Instasmile receives your impression kit, the company does not accept returns or offer refunds as their products are customized.
- If you have not opened your self-impression kit, you can return it in its original packaging for a full refund.
- If you have used the impression kit and had the one-on-one coaching call you are eligible for a refund of the paid amount less $100 admin fee.
- If you have used the impression kit but you have not had your one-on-one call, you are eligible for a refund of the paid amount less $150 admin fee.
- If you are deemed unsuitable for the veneers after your smile assessment, you are eligible to a 75% refund on your order value.
- If you are deemed unsuitable for the veneers due to dishonesty in your smile assessment, then you may be eligible to a 50% refund on your order value at Instasmile’s discretion.
- If you are deemed unsuitable because of oral health conditions that came up between the ordering online and taking an impression, then you are not entitled to any refund.
- If you receive a defective or faulty product, inform Instasmile.com within the warranty period and provide video and photo evidence of the defect. The company will assess the defect and if indeed the veneers are faulty, they will remake the product. Allow up to two remakes before considering a refund. If it is determined that the veneers have a manufacturing fault, you will be refunded the order value less $150 admin fee.
- If the product does not fit correctly, contact the website representatives within the warranty period and provide video and photo supporting evidence to email@example.com for either a remake or a refund.
- If the product does not fit your expectations, Instasmile.com, on their own discretion, will remake it once. No refund will be offered in this scenario.
- If you do not report an issue with your veneers within the warranty period, no refund or remake will be offered and you will not be able to end your contract with the company.
- If you signed up for the payment plan and you have not paid off the entire amount, you will not be eligible for any form of reimbursement for any of the scenarios until you pay the complete amount you owe.
- If you are eligible for a refund, it will be made within 30 days from the date that the provided evidence is authorized or from the day Instasmile receives the product back.
3. How Much Does Instasmile Cost?
According to the Instasmile FAQs, the company offers three main categories of products at different prices as follows:
- Instasmile Moment: $375 for a single arch and $500 for double arches.
- Instasmile Classic: $500 for a single arch and $799 for double arches.
- Instasmile Platinum: $999 for a single arch and $1499 for double arches.
Instasmile partners with Partial.ly and Quadpay to offer customers various payment plans at 0% interest. The QuadPay payment plan is a 6 weeks payment plan that is available for all Instasmile veneer customers subject to credit approval. On the other hand, Partial.ly offers three different payment plans payable within 3 months, 6 months and 9 months respectively. Instasmile.com customers are required to make a deposit (the amount is specified for each plan) and then pay the rest bi-weekly. For more up-to-day information the exact prices, reach out to the company customer services team by Instasmile contacts.
4. How Long Does Instasmile Last?
The company does not specify how long their products last. However, on their FAQs, they state that their veneers are made from durable material. The durability of your veneers is also dependent on the model you choose. The Instasmile Moment veneers are best suited for temporary wear, Instasmile Classic veneers are designed for occasional wear, while the Instasmile Platinum veneers are designed for enhanced durability and can be worn every day.
5. Does Instasmile Work with Missing Teeth?
According to their FAQs, us.instasmile.com product is a safe and convenient option for covering gaps and missing teeth. However, they state that you must have certain teeth in order to be eligible for Instasmile as shown in the image below.
Notably, the Instasmile Moment veneers are not designed to cover missing teeth. If you are not sure whether you qualify for the veneers, call the Instasmile Phone number for assistance.
6. How Is Instasmile Made?
According to the Instasmile.com order process page, once you make your Instasmile order online, the company sends you an impression kit. Once you receive the kit, you get on a video call with the Instasmile customer service representatives for a smile assessment. You then use the kit to take an impression of your teeth and send it back to us.instasmile.com offices.
Instasmile technicians check your impression for any errors that could affect the quality of production of your veneers. They 3D-scan your impression to get your dental profile and then digitally design and custom-make a 3D replica of your veneers. The impressions are used to hand-make and finish your veneers for detailed aesthetics. The finished veneers are sent back to you for use.
For more information about Instasmile:
- Get through to the company representatives via Instasmile contacts,
- Visit the us.instasmile.com,
- Check Instasmile reviews on PissedConsumer and other reputable review sites.
Health and Beauty Expert
Winnie is a freelance writer and B2C content expert who specializes in health and beauty, cafes and restaurants, fitness products buyer guides and researches. She has been working with international clients since 2012.
*The company ratings on the PissedConsumer website are calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the company’s profile. The algorithm parameters are: users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company responses and more. The PissedConsumer algorithm is also subject to change in the future.
- Instasmile complaints
- instasmile cost
- instasmile customer service
- Instasmile faq
- instasmile phone number
- instasmile refund policy
- Instasmile reviews
- instasmile support
- instasmile veneers
- instasmile warranty
1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.
2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.