If you vacation frequently, a point-based vacation club membership program may seem like a great option for you. One such program is Sapphire Resorts Timeshare. However, before signing up, it is crucial that you do your due diligence to establish if it is legit and reliable.
Sapphire Resorts reviews – 124
Sapphire Resorts rating* – 1.4⭐
Sapphire Resorts claimed losses – $210K
Successful calls – 9%/408
Issues resolved – 1
- Most Sapphire Resort reviews indicate dissatisfaction with the company and cite issues such as poor customer service, unfavorable cancellation policy, and false advertising.
- Suppose you ask how to cancel Sapphire Resorts timeshare. In that case, you should clearly understand the rights and terms of the contract because no cancellation policy or procedure is provided on the official website.
- Selling Sapphire Resort timeshare quickly and for a reasonable price can be challenging because of the oversupply inventory in the timeshare resale market.
This article addresses the most common Sapphire Resorts questions and complaints, including:
- What is Sapphire Resorts?
- Is Sapphire Resorts legit?
- How to contact customer service?
- How to cancel Sapphire Resorts Timeshare?
- How to sell Sapphire Resorts Timeshare?
1. What is Sapphire Resorts?
SapphireResorts.com is a point-based membership club program. The company positions itself as an affordable, flexible, and high-quality modern-day vacation option. It is an exchange network that gives members access to a wide range of vacation properties worldwide.
Who Owns Sapphire Resorts?
The official website does not indicate who owns Sapphire Resorts. However, it indicates that the company is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada, and utilizes the RCI vacation exchange system started by Jon and Christel Dehan in 1974.
Furthermore, their About Us page indicates that the company adheres to the American Resort Development Association (ARDA), Canadian Resort Development Association (CRDA), and Cooperative Association of Resort Exchanges (C.A.R.E) standards and guidelines.
Sapphire Resorts and Geoholiday properties in Canada, Bahamas, Nevada, and Colorado are managed by the Getaways Resorts Management. The primary roles of the management company include quality assurance for each member and guest experience, overseeing the points-based membership, and sale of the membership programs.
2. Is Sapphire Resorts Legit?
On their member benefits page, SapphireResorts.com promises its members a relaxed, friendly environment for vacationing and access to a wide range of vacation options that fit within their budget. They note that their facilities are well-equipped and designed for their customers’ comfort.
However, the big question is whether they follow through on their promise.
Sapphire Resorts reviews on PissedConsumer.com indicate that most customers are disappointed with the company’s customer service and policies. On PissedConsumer, the company has a 1.4-star rating.
The top complaints are:
- Poor customer service. Members say that it is difficult to get in touch with Sapphire Resorts customer service, and when they do, the representatives are mostly unhelpful.
- Pushy, deceptive, and manipulative sales tactics by the company’s sales representatives. Some Sapphire Resorts reviews indicate that some of the sales representatives went to the extent of abusing prospective customers who refused to buy.
- Difficulty making a reservation at Sapphire Resorts locations. Members complained that they contacted Sapphire customer service on several occasions to make a reservation, but they were told that the properties were fully booked, hence unavailable.
- Difficulty canceling Sapphire Resorts membership. Some members reported that when they tried to cancel their membership, they were told that it was not possible, thus they had to continue making Sapphire Resorts payments as per their initial membership contract.
- Wrongful billing. On several Sapphire Resorts timeshare reviews, members complained that they were overcharged or wrongfully billed. Some customers were frustrated that they were not informed of certain charges that came up in the course of their membership at the time of sales.
In Sapphire Resorts complaint # 4827519, the customer referred to the company as “a complete rip-off.” They explained that when the company started it was very good but there have been unfavorable changes in policy and Sapphire Resorts now operates like a booking agency. The person finished the review by saying:
This company is not living up to its commitments as per the services they are supposed to be providing
In another Sapphire Resorts review, the customer complained about manipulative sales tactics, difficulty canceling their membership, and rude customer service representatives.
A consumer was told that he could use his membership in Austin at the time of purchase. However, when he called later to make a reservation for Texas, he was informed that it was outside the Sapphire Resorts jurisdiction and the next best option would be Austin. Since the customer’s leg was broken, it would be challenging to travel. Upon asking to cancel the membership, he was told he couldn’t and had to keep making monthly payments.
3. How to Contact Sapphire Resorts Customer Service?
Sapphire Resorts phone numbers
There are several lines customers can use to reach out to Sapphire Resorts Customer Service:
- General: 1-844-472-7744.
- Club reservation inquiries: 844.4SAPPHIRE option 1.
- RCI Exchange Reservations Services: 844.4SAPPHIRE option 2.
- Club Member Administration and Dues Payment: 844.4SAPPHIRE option 3.
Sapphire Resorts email and fax
The Sapphire Resorts email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. You could also send a fax to 702.541.9942.
Sapphire Resorts member login
Members can also login into their Sapphire Resorts account and contact the customer service from the member’s portal. Alternatively, you could fill out the contact form provided on the staysapphire.com contact us page. You must provide your name, email, phone number, and a message detailing your issue or query.
Sapphire Resorts social media
SapphireResorts.com has a page on Facebook, where the company regularly posts. Notably, there isn’t much engagement with customers on both pages.
Sapphire Resorts reviews on PissedConsumer indicate that many customers have difficulty getting a representative on the phone. Some complained that when they called the Sapphire Resorts phone number, they were put on hold, or the representative hung up on them. In some instances, the representatives were rude and unhelpful.
For customers who manage to get through, the average duration of calls is 3.50 with only 9% of issues being resolved.
For example, in Sapphire Resorts review #4867048, the customer says:
Called customer service very rude asked to speak with a supervisor. They do not let you speak to the supervisor very long weights on the phone to speak to somebody.
This is the most prevalent complaint and customer question on Sapphire Resort reviews. Due to poor customer service and unfavorable terms and policies, many members would like to cancel their Sapphire membership. However, no Sapphire Resorts cancellation policy or procedure is provided on their website. Neither is there cancellation information provided on the Sapphire Resorts member login area.
Different state laws stipulate a recession period within which one can cancel their timeshare contract. The specific rescission period varies from state to state. It ranges from 72 hours up to 15 days. For instance, in Nevada and Colorado, customers have up to midnight of the 5th calendar day from the date of signing the timeshare contract to cancel. While in Alaska, the recession period is 15 days.
In Sapphire Resorts review #3753614, the customer expressed their frustration in not being able to cancel their membership. They explained that they bought a timeshare that they had not been able to use for years. People reached out to Sapphire Resorts customer service on multiple occasions, and although the representatives promised to get the issue resolved, it never was:
I cannot express enough how you do not want to be in this organization with people that out right lie to you take your money and will not let you use what you paid for.
Unfortunately, most customers call the Sapphire Resorts phone number to cancel after the recession period has already lapsed. As such, they are told that it is not possible to stop recurring Sapphire Resorts payments.
While some opt to deactivate the credit or debit card linked to their Sapphire Resorts account, others are looking for a way to get out of the contract. Some members have reached out to their lawyers and the state attorney office for assistance with Sapphire Resorts cancellation.
You should also beware of timeshare exit scams. Some reviewers mentioned that they had reached out to companies that advertise themselves as those who know Sapphire Resorts cancellation policy well and are able to cancel a timeshare. These companies say they can assist the members, but the process is quite costly.
Since most members cannot go through with Sapphire Resorts cancellation, they would like to know if there is a way to sell their timeshares.
Although the Sapphire Resorts member login portal does have a provision for selling your timeshares, there are plenty of online platforms you can sell, including eBay. You may also sell directly to friends, colleagues, and families.
However, chances are that the timeshares will sell for way less than you bought them. They can sell for as low as one dollar on eBay, but you will have transferred the responsibility of the Sapphire Resorts payments to the new buyer. It can take months if not years to find a buyer.
Sapphire Resorts review #3959218 confirms that timeshares sell for as low as $1 and take up to years to sell. They explain that they were lied to about low annual fees. Since they signed up, prices have been increasing, almost triple the initial amount. They would like to sell their timeshare, but they can’t seem to find a way to do so fast and at a good price:
You can easily sell it.LIE Sapphires timeshares are on sale on eBay and Craigslist for $1 and are sitting for months and or years cause no one wants them!!
Note that even if you find a way to sell, it can be challenging to transfer your timeshares to your new buyer. Therefore, get in touch with Sapphire Resorts customer service to find out how to transfer your timeshares.
While Sapphire Resorts may offer you access to a wide range of vacation properties worldwide, beware of the numerous customer complaints when considering booking with the company.What has been your experience with Sapphire Resorts Timeshare? You may leave a review and share observations.
*Disclaimer: Ranking and statistics are based on our users’ review texts and PissedConsumer posters’ reviews. Also, a company’s rating is calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the profile, including users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company’s responses, etc. The algorithm is subject to change in the future.
1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.
2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.