Winnie Murugi
Health and Beauty Expert

Millions of buyers visit Etsy.com to buy unique, handmade items from thousands of sellers across the globe. The platform transacts billions every year. However, there are numerous complaints about the poor Etsy customer service. Buyers and sellers want to know how to call Etsy support number or the best ways to contact their customer service.

This article explores the various ways to contact Etsy customer service for help. It concisely answers whether there is an Etsy support phone number to call or whether you can reach the company via email, live chat, and social media.

1. Is Etsy legit?
  2. How to contact Etsy by phone?
  3. How to contact customer service by email?
  4. How to chat with customer support via Help Center?
  5. How to contact Etsy customer service via social networks?

Here is an overview of the Etsy reviews and ratings on PissedConsumer.com.

Etsy Q&A

Number of Etsy reviews – 6.7k

Etsy rating* – 1.9⭐⭐

Etsy claimed losses – $1.4M

Successful calls – 6%/35.6k

Resolved issues – 55

1. Is Etsy Legit?

Etsy.com is a global online marketplace for unique and creative items. The American e-commerce platform has been in business since 2005. It specializes in the sale of vintage items, crafts, and handmade pieces.

Sellers can set up shop at only $0.20 per listing, while buyers can sign up and buy from different sellers. Sellers are also charged a 5% commission fee and a standard PayPal payment processing fee.

When it comes to Etsy ratings and customer reviews, consumers like the wide range of unique products to choose from. Many have had a great experience buying or selling there, but others wonder, "Is Etsy legit?".

On Pissed Consumer, it is rated 1.9 stars, GlassDoor gives it 4.7 stars, and Reviews.io rates Etsy at 2.6 stars.

There are numerous Etsy complaints on PissedConsumer.com by both buyers and sellers. Most revolve around poor customer service, shipping and deliveries, and account issues.

Etsy complaints by buyers include:

• sellers canceling orders for no reason;
  • difficulty contacting sellers;
  • difficulty contacting Etsy support;
  • delays in order fulfillment and shipping;
  • items never delivered;
  • unexplained charges;
  • poor customer service by the sellers;
  • difficulty logging in to their Etsy account.

Etsy complaints by sellers include:

• unexplained account closure by Etsy;
  • payments put on hold;
  • difficulty contacting Etsy customer service;
  • difficulty logging into their Etsy account;
  • rude and excessively demanding customers.

For instance, in Etsy review #2520816, the customer narrates his frustration with one seller. The Etsy seller was initially responsive when the customer was making an order but became unresponsive after payment was made. The customer attempted to contact Etsy customer service to help him resolve the issue, but he did not receive any help.

…on March 20th I contacted Dil Bahadur custom knife shop about him making me a knife I sent him the pic I wanted he said he could build it it would cost me $ 220.00…

…after receiving the money he said thankyou and he would get started on knife and update me as of today not heard anything from him…

In another Etsy review (#2968024), a seller complained about their account being banned without warning.

my account has been closed permanently i am a new seller i am a newbie maybe i may have violated a rule without knowing it i want my account to be opened

2. How to Contact Etsy By Phone?

Currently, there is no Etsy support phone number to call. Neither are there clear instructions on how to call Etsy customer service on both the sellers and buyers' FAQ sections.

Some time back, the Etsy customer service phone number (844-935-3879) was available as an option to contact customer support for specific issues. However, it is no longer available on the website, as evidenced by several Etsy reviews on Pissed Consumer.

With that said, some reviewers indicate that they were able to call Etsy support number but did not get to talk to a live person. They do not indicate the Etsy customer service phone number they called. For example, in review #2896886, the customer managed to call Etsy helpline directly to cancel an order that they had not authorized. They were put on hold for 10 minutes, left their phone number but did not receive any Etsy help.

On the sellers' page, the company indicates that sellers can leave their phone number for an Etsy customer service representative to get back. Nevertheless, it is not clear where the seller should leave their phone number.

Etsy phone number sellers page

3. How to Contact Etsy Customer Service by Email?

There is no Etsy customer service email address listed on the website. However, you can use the "Email us" option provided for various issues to contact Etsy support.

Etsy email us option

If you click on the option, you will be provided with a contact form where you are required to describe the issue in as much detail as possible. Once you send the form, Etsy customer support will get back to you within two business days.

If you need Etsy help with an order, but you can't find it on your account, check for the order's transaction confirmation on your email. The transaction confirmation is usually sent from the Etsy email: transactions@etsy.com. Once you sign in to your Etsy account, the transaction should have connected to your account.

Etsy help with order email

For legal issues such as copyright infringement, write to the Etsy email legal@etsy.com provided on the terms and conditions page.

Etsy notice requirements email

4. How to Chat with Etsy Customer Support Via Help Center?

Earlier in 2020, their support offered an Etsy live chat option, as evidenced by reviews (#1926985). But, there seems to be no Etsy chat option at the moment. At least, it is not available on the Etsy Help Center. Multiple reviews on Pissed Consumer further collaborate that there is no Etsy customer service chat option (review #2315205).

Etsy review about order

However, the Etsy Help Center is quite elaborate and provides answers to the most common customer questions. You can access it through the website or on the Etsy app.

Nevertheless, some customers encounter issues that are not highlighted in the Etsy Help Center that would need in-person assistance. Since there is no Etsy live chat option for immediate assistance, customers have to fill out a contact form, where applicable. Or, they still can try to contact support via the Etsy customer service email.

Some buyers are keen to find out how to contact Etsy about a seller. According to Etsy.com, buyers should first attempt to contact sellers about the issue. However, if it is futile, they can then contact Etsy about the seller. The platform serves as a mediator between the buyer and the seller to resolve the issue. You can open a case for two main issues: non-delivery issues and not-as-described cases.

Etsy issue resolution page

Steps for Contacting Etsy About a Seller

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Under "Purchases and Reviews," click on the order that has an issue.
  3. Select "Help with Order."
  4. Then select "Still Need Help."
  5. Choose "Yes, I want to Open a Case."
  6. Select a reason for opening the case and provide as much detail about the issue as possible.
  7. Submit.

Once you have opened the case, allow three days for the seller to resolve it. If they do not, escalate the case for Etsy customer support to review the issue.

How to open a case on Etsy

Unfortunately, some reviews indicate despite reaching out to Etsy.com about a seller, some buyers did not receive the help they needed (e.g., review #2968660).

5. How to Contact Etsy Customer Service Via Social Networks?

Etsy.com has social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The Etsy support is most active on the Twitter page. Although the company once had a dedicated Etsy customer support help page on Twitter (@Etsyhelp), they no longer monitor it. Customers now contact Etsy for help on the main page.

To reach out to the company on Twitter, you can tweet them or initiate an Etsy chat by sending them a direct message. There are numerous Etsy complaints on the Twitter page about poor customer service. Often customers do not get help, or the representative takes too long to respond to the Etsy chat messages. When they respond, customers are asked to provide details of the issue through a direct message.

The Twitter page does not provide alternative contact methods such as an Etsy support phone number or email address. As such, some customers question, "Is Etsy legit?".

For example, in an Etsy review on Twitter, the customer pointed out the company's poor customer service. They had not received any Etsy help 15 days after reaching out.

Etsy customer support reply on Twitter

Conclusion

On its website, the company claims to provide Etsy customer support 24/7. Unfortunately, numerous reviews across Reddit and Pissed Consumer indicate otherwise. While the Etsy Help Center is comprehensive, it does not address all buyers' and sellers' issues.

There are limited channels for contacting Etsy.com. There is no Etsy customer service live chat or phone number option to get immediate help. For email correspondence, you need to fill out an Etsy contact form if it is available for your issue. On Twitter, Etsy support is slow to respond and does not address customer issues.

What has been your experience with Etsy customer service? Leave a review on PissedConsumer.com.

*The company ratings on the PissedConsumer website are calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the company’s profile. The algorithm parameters are: users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company responses and more. The PissedConsumer algorithm is also subject to change in the future.

Winnie Murugi
Health and Beauty Expert

Winnie is a freelance writer and B2C content expert who specializes in health and beauty, cafes and restaurants, fitness products buyer guides and researches. She has been working with international clients since 2012.

• call etsy
  • etsy phone number
  • etsy reviews
  • etsy support

Legal disclaimers:

1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.

2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.

linda hutchinson #6499
yes i order some blue jeans earrings about a month and a half ago. and i still not got them yet. whats the problem .do i get my refund or the earrings .$16.99
Rafael Perez #6521
Like to know what happened to my order on Sept 28 , is a watch band, lm very disappointed
Tabish Alam #6534
I am member since 17 October, 2021 I have run my store very well Along with this, the entire Etsy policy's has also been followed & I also know that it is very important to know the Etsy policies before starting business with Etsy, I have always my valuable buyers for the first priority so this is why I was achieved from Best Seller to Start Seller by Etsy teams and to reach here, I have always tried to fulfill every single requirements from Etsy so that I have been able to respond to my buyers immediately, deliver their orders on the time and always keep them happy And not only that, my buyers have also awarded me the best 20 to 30 positive reviews for my good attitude and selling almost 90 to 100 quality product & all of these into account makes me a bestseller from Etsy team & so far I have generate revenue since 17Oct 2021 about 20,000$ CAD to 25,000$ CAD & This proves that I made my byers feel like great salesperson all the time, But if one has suspended my store despite seeing all these qualities of mine, I should be given a chance by Etsy team, All these things on the first property If I have unknowingly violated any of these Etsy rules, Team should be informed about it Because I had established a good relationship with Etsy team in those months but to suspend my store suddenly and not give me a chance knowing that I was in the category of a Best seller and Start Seller. So at least my mistakes / violations should be highlighted and my store reinstated so that I can compare this mistake and not change future mistakes, How can I build a good relationship with Etsy going forward if the Etsy team abandons me like this? Whatever my violation or mistakes I will try my best to fulfill my mistakes or violations so that I can reconnect with Etsy and do business for a long time again & And if any of my tax documentation bank details credit card details are required I am absolutely ready to give it, I would like to say that if Etsy team finds some balance in my words, Etsy team can call me on my number whenever feel free, I am fully prepared to submit all the documents in my clearance and I hope this time Etsy team decide in my favor because I have worked so hard to get here.Thank youBest RegardTTMILANTabish Alam
Mark Carro #6543
Worst customer service I have ever seen with online shopping. Can’t get through to a live person. Chat person wants a dollar to help me. I am sure this comment will not even be posted