Customers have questions and share feedback about their experiences with Gate 1 Travel and they are looking for answers from Gate 1 Travel customer service. Many of the Gate 1 Travel complaints stem from trip cancellations and frustrated attempts to reach Gate 1 Travel customer help.
We have sorted through the many Gate 1 Travel reviews and questions on the Gate 1 Travel Question and Answers page to identify the most common ones. Customers are looking for answers when they have questions about a purchase. We searched through the Gate 1 Travel FAQs to find the answers to the most common Gate 1 Travel complaints and reviews on the company’s website.
- How do I contact Gate 1 Travel customer service?
- How do I book a tour?
- How large are groups on Gate1Travel tours?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What is the gate1travel.com refund policy?
5 Gate 1 Travel FAQs
Do you have a Gate 1 Travel complaint or question? We’ve dug through the company website to find answers to common concerns. Read on to check the answers to the most common Gate 1 Travel FAQs.
1. How do I contact Gate 1 Travel customer service?
If you are looking for the Gate 1 Travel customer service number, you don’t need to look very far on the company’s website. The Gate 1 Travel contact number is at the top of every page. That number is 1-800-682-3333.
You can find more in-depth Gate 1 Travel customer support information on the Contact Us page on the company’s website.
According to Gate1Travel contact information, you can reach the company 24/7 by calling 1-800-682-3333 or 1-215-572-7676. It is noted on the page; however, that the Gate 1 Travel travel hours for reservations are more limited. You can also call from overseas using 001-215-572-7676. The Contact Us page also has a contact form for questions and concerns through email as well as a mailing address for payments and written concerns. The Gate1Travel address is:
Gate 1 Travel
455 Maryland Drive
Fort Washington, PA 19034
The Contact Us page also has information about how to file a claim or get answers about travel insurance.
2. How do I book a Gate1Travel.com tour?
Gate 1 Travel attempts to make the booking process streamlined by offering a series of steps on the Contact Us page of the company website.
According to the company’s website, booking a trip with Gate 1 Travel is done through an online reservation system. To book a trip you will:
- Choose where you want to travel using the menus across the top of the website.
- After you choose a departure date, you will be able to see the prices of the various tours and select the right one for your needs.
- Fill out the necessary fields to book the trip. These fields include the number of people traveling, the departure city and the number of hotel rooms you’ll need.
- After booking the main part of your trip, you will be taken through additional menus to book any optional tours you might like, airline flights you might need, any travel insurance, and final details.
- You will be given an opportunity to use promotional code at the end of the reservation process before you finalize the trip.
3. How large are groups on www.gate1travel.com tours?
According to the website, there are two tiers of travel with Gate 1 Travel tours. There is a typical travel group and then there are small group tours. The small group tours are listed separately on the Small Group page of trip options.
Inside the details of the trip, it is specified that a small group is a guaranteed maximum of 22 travelers. Other small groups guarantee is no more than 20 travelers. There is no number of maximum group members on other trips offered through the Gate 1 Travel website.
4. What is the Gate 1 Travel cancellation policy?
In the Terms and Conditions page of the Gate 1 Travel website, there are details about the Gate 1 Travel cancellation policy.
The Gate 1 Travel cancellation policy states that cancellation can only be accepted in writing. You can do this by using the contact form on the Contact Us page and selecting “Cancel Reservation” in the first menu box.
Your message should be acknowledged as received within 48 hours. If you do not receive a message, it is the customer’s obligation to call 800-682-3333 to follow-up on your message.
The Terms and Condition page of the website is clear that there are cancellation fees when you cancel a reservation. Airline tickets included in the package are “always subject to a 100% penalty” and you will not be refunded the initial non-refundable deposit.
According to the Gate 1 Travel Cancellation policy, if you cancel more than 91 days before your trip you will pay a $300 cancellation fee per person. If you cancel more than 31 days out, you will pay 50% of the total trip cost as a cancellation fee. More than 2 days out you will pay 90% of the trip cost as a cancellation fee. The day before or the day of will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
There are different cancellation fee levels for different specific trip destinations or for instant purchase arrangements.
There is an option provided by Gate 1 Travel that allows you to cancel your trip up to 72 hours in advance for any reason. According to the travel protection page, the cost for this protection ranges from $69-$149 depending on the cost of your total trip.
If you do wind up using this policy, you will be given a credit for the “full cost of your Gate 1 travel arrangements, less the cost of the deposit, late/amendment fees, and insurance premium cost.” These certificates must be used within one year of the original date of travel.
One Gate 1 travel customer purchased the Cancel for Any Reason Supplement but was refused when he attempted to use it. In Gate 1 Travel review (#1342691), the customer explained: “I bought insurance that the rep said would cover irrespective of the reason for cancellation.” The person ends the review with one word: “refused”.
Gate 1 Travel encourages customers to purchase travel insurance to help offset any potential cancellations and resulting fees. The Gate 1 Travel site has a page dedicated to questions and information about travel protection plans.
Another Gate 1 Travel complaint states that a customer feels “…that they actually make money by trying to sell you tons of various insurances of all kinds to protect you against jokes like them. I guess if you don't buy insurance, they cancel you out if your ticket was too cheap…”
The customer left details in his/her review that “Gate1 cancelled my flight 3 days after I booked it. I had a very cheap price, and they emailed saying that they were sorry but their system is faulty and the price wasn't correct…”
5. What is the Gate1Travel.com refund policy?
The Gate 1 Travel refund policy is not well detailed in a single location in the Terms and Conditions of the company’s website. According to the specified section, the Gate 1 Travel refund policy is to process refunds to the original credit card with any remaining balance to be paid by check.
The Gate 1 Travel refund policy declaration is located immediately beside the company’s cancellation policy; however, which has more information about how much money you will see refunded if you cancel your trip.
According to the Gate 1 travel cancellation policy, you can expect to be refunded at most all but $300 of your trip payment if you cancel more than 91 days before your trip. Shorter cancellation windows result in rapidly accelerated cancellation fees.
The Gate 1 travel cancellation and refund policy have left many customers wondering about their options with refunds. In one traveler’s Gate 1 Travel review, the person stated that
“had to cancel a trip due to unforseen circumstances-- yet Gate 1 could not help me with my $1200 deposit and shuffled me over to the insurance company to deal with them. Note this is 4 months before the trip…”
The PissedConsumer.com user ended his/her brief Gate 1 Travel customer review by stating, “…I have no confidence I'll get even part of the deposit back.”
Still looking for help with Gate 1 Travel? You still have options on how to find more answers to your questions.
• Visit the Gate 1 Travel customer service page to find the Gate 1 Travel toll-free number.
• Read through the Gate 1 Travel reviews on our site to find others who have had similar experiences and might have the answers you’re looking for.
• Leave a review about your experience and start a conversation with the Gate 1 Travel customer service team.
By Rebecca Garland
Business and Education Expert
Rebecca Garland, M.S. is a business and education writer. She holds secondary teaching certifications in six areas, has a degree in Business, and earned a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science. As an expert, Rebecca has been working with international clients since 2005.
1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.
2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.