Rebecca Garland
Business and Education Expert

Facebook is immensely popular, but there are some drawbacks to the popular social media app. Chief among these is the difficulties customers have with calling the Facebook customer service number. Users are having a hard time when they try to contact Facebook, and that brings many of them to PissedConsumer looking for answers or alternative means to get in touch.

Facebook Questions and Answers

Number of Facebook Reviews – 35.6K

Facebook Rating* – 2.1⭐⭐

Facebook Claimed Losses – $39.1M

Successful Calls – 23%/210K

Resolved Issues – 216

It can be tougher than you’d think to contact Facebook by phone. Fortunately, there are other ways to get in touch with the Facebook Help Center that may be a bit more successful. From automated help menus to speaking with representatives, we’ll take you through the Facebook customer service options.

Is Facebook Customer Service Good?

Facebook is a large company with a well-known, heavily used app. You’d be right to think that customer service is a large part of what the company does, but it can be frustrating to contact Facebook if you don’t know the right channels to use. Facebook Help Center features heavily in reviews left online about the company.

In her video review, one user explains how she got caught in a Facebook scam. A scammer, posing as a friend, convinced her to send funds and her personal information to take control of her account and scam others using her account. Among her Facebook complaints, the reviewer notes that she clicked on the security links sent by Facebook and “…it was EXPIRED!”

She then tried to call Facebook support “was told to resend my ID, which I did and STILL NOTHING WAS DONE!!” At the time of writing, her issue with Facebook customer service is still unresolved.

In his Facebook review (#2843038) another customer explained how he needs “to talk to someone about issues concerning portal setup. No phone support was available. No alternatives given and question not in FAQs.” His concern is mirrored in many other reviews on PissedConsumer.

Facebook review poor customer service

How to Call Facebook Support?

Customers are frustrated when they try to call Facebook support. When they do get on the phone to try to figure out how to call Facebook support, they often are given the runaround by an automated phone answering service.

The Facebook customer service number does not show up easily on the social media platform. If you dig enough, you can find the local Facebook customer service phone number for the company in Palo Alto. You can try calling the Facebook support number at 650-543-4800 and 650-308-7300, but you are likely to be unsatisfied with the results.

When you try to contact Facebook this way, you won’t reach a person. Instead, you’ll be caught in a cycle of recorded options asking you to email or to click on a “Help” link that doesn’t actually appear at the bottom of the page. Thousands of Facebook reviews have shared how frustrating this sort of loop can be. But if you can’t get answers over the phone, you still get other ways to contact Facebook customer service.

How to Contact Facebook Customer Support via Social Networks?

Facebook.com is among the first social media websites, so it makes sense that you can contact Facebook customer service through social media channels. If the Facebook customer service number was useless for you, try contacting their support via social media.

Facebook Twitter (@Facebook) – The account is active and allows options for tweets and replies. If you have a Twitter account, you can contact Facebook this way. It may not be a Facebook support number, but it might give you a public platform for a serious complaint.

Facebook Instagram (@Facebook)– Facebook and Instagram are linked, so you may be able to send messages and find support through this channel as well.

Facebook Help Center (https://www.facebook.com/help/) – It is available through the Facebook app or website. In the Help Center, you can find articles and how-to information about common issues. Additionally, you can follow action links for help with specific issues. Many of the Facebook reviews on PissedConsumer address hacking, for instance. If you follow the links in the Help Center, you can notify the company about suspicious activity and report hacking.

Facebook Help hacked account

How to Contact Facebook Customer Service via Email?

It is possible to contact Facebook customer service through email. If you listen to the recorded messages when you call the Facebook customer service phone number, you do get some information on email addresses. The Facebook email address in those messages is press@FB.com if you are with the media or records@FB.com if you are with law enforcement. Neither of those is the Facebook email address you are looking for if you have issues with your account.

To contact Facebook, you would do best through the Help center on your account. It’s not a specific Facebook email address, but it does work in a way similar to sending an email. To send a Facebook complaint this way, start by logging into your account.

Then look for a downward-facing arrow on the top right. From there you can either “Give Feedback” about a problem with the system or click on “Help & Support” for additional assistance.

Facebook help and support menu

After clicking on Help & Support, you have the option to send a message to Support Inbox. This works like a Facebook email and is a good way to ask about a specific problem. You can also Report a Problem which is a more generic form about issues with the platform.

Facebook support inbox

If you do select Support Inbox, you can see information about reports you’ve made and messages from Facebook about your account.

Facebook support inbox message

At the very bottom of the Support, Inbox is an option to send a new message to the Facebook support team. This is the button you would click to send an email-like message.

What Are Other Ways to Contact Facebook Support?

The lack of a good Facebook support number makes it very hard to track down a customer service representative. There are two other ways you may be able to get in touch with the company about a Facebook complaint.

The first is to reach out to the greater community within the Facebook Help Center. There is a Facebook Help Community available through Facebook at the time of writing. A banner on the page does state that the Community will no longer be available after September 24, 2021.

Facebook Help Community alert

A second option that might work to contact the company when you can’t call Facebook support is to look for an opportunity to reply to a Facebook message sent to you by the company.

There are so many great ways to use your Facebook account. You can keep up with friends and family members, join groups, follow videos or share your story life. You can even sell things through the Facebook marketplace. With so many ways to use the social media app, it’s frustrating when you get locked out or need help from the Facebook Help Community. Whether you’re calling or trying to chat with Facebook support, it’s natural to want help when you need it most.

To share your experience or issues with Facebook, please write a review by clicking on the link below.

Write review

*The company ratings on the PissedConsumer website are calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the company’s profile. The algorithm parameters are: users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company responses and more. The PissedConsumer algorithm is also subject to change in the future.

Rebecca Garland
Business and Education Expert

Rebecca Garland, M.S. is a business and education writer. She holds secondary teaching certifications in six areas, has a degree in Business, and earned a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science. As an expert, Rebecca has been working with international clients since 2005.

• call facebook support
  • contact facebook
  • facebook customer service number
  • facebook customer service phone number
  • facebook help center
  • facebook reviews
  • facebook support number
  • how to contact facebook

Legal disclaimers:

1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.

2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.

Amra Nuric #4414
Just recently I have changed my phone number and now I can't access my Facebook..I do have my e-mail address that my Facebook is connected to and I'm able to change the passport but it still wants me to put in the code that is sent to my old phone number. I have send them 5 of my IDs to confirm my identity, I have sent them a message on Instagram and no reply from them anymore. This is so frustrating. I shouldn't have issues when I have access to my email which I singed up with it.
Anonymous #4457
I'm locked out of my fb account for a post I didn't even make. They are supposed to send me a code to my cell phone. I received the code on my cell phone. I punched in the code and now it tells me I have tried too many times.
Jenny Biglow #4623
I am having the same problem but cannot submit any forms because it was from an Instagram account linked that I never used. I deleted that insta account and now I can’t submit anything cause it tells me to log on Instagram
Laurie Diaz #4499
Somehow i am being asked to confirm my identity. Fine. BUT the confirmation email NEVER comes through. The while process sucks and apparently was not tested before pushing the code out the door! While I understand the reasoning behind it, the process SUCKS! Im fine with just deleting FB all together but i want my content!
Jona Mae Puada #4546
I have reported someone pretending to be me and facebook did not delete the profile and says that it was not against the community standards? And the post i reposted is against the standard?!!! What a mess..
Devon Klarenbeek #4587
my facebook was hacked, the person changed the email and primary phone number. When I try to recover and change the password, the codes sent to me are incorrect. I have submitted my ID twice and been sent around and around circles by automated prompts. My personal account is linked to my work account and I am getting really frustrated with the lack of support recovering my own page.
TERI A WEITZMAN #4620
To whom it may concern;I currently have been hacked by somebody who put some post on my Facebook and the sense they have suspended my account I tried to make another one but it just gave me the same options as the other one and said that one was it suspended as well so now I'm hacked out of my messenger my Facebook and my other Facebook so I don't know what to do at this point I've tried contacting customer service there's no phone numbers that that are listed for them that are correct I tried doing their help thing through the internet to know avail I am a pissed off customer right now because I spent over 4 hours with these assholes on my messenger they were trying to get me to send $500 on Walmart card because they said I won $70,000 okay don't think so but they were using somebody else's account of somebody that I do know so I don't know what to do about this point because I'm suspended I can't get into my thing I can't go to the community or anything so tell me what I can do
Tracy #4622
Just need Facebook customer service either email or phone number I’m not impressed thank you I got a message someone tried to access my account now I have to change password but I have a new email and I had to send ID so they could confirm well now it takes 24 hours and my ID is out there now . I’m just skeptical not impressed as now I can’t access Facebook either
Toni #4627
Why has Facebook disabled my business account ?? I’m now losing and lost all my customers ??? What is going on ? I’ve had it for 12 years !!!No way of contacting them I’m so angry
Nabila MOMLA #4644
I have been kicked out of marketplace and i can not buy or sell anything. I've been advertised on marketplace since 2018 and i never had issues before. I'm a self employed Mom working from home my whole business and income rely on marketplace advertising I've 4 badges, highly rated and so many followers. I do not understand what is the reason for Facebook to take my access for Marketplace. IM VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED AND NO ONE HELPING TO FIX THE ISSUE....
Anonymous #4676
I was locked out of my Facebook while I tried installing it on my new iPad. I sent in a photo verification and still nothing.
Jordan Fincher #4751
My account was hacked into and then disabled immediately. I am sure because they were posting crazy ad's on my billing account under different languages. I have TRIED EVERYTHING to be able to get back into my account but nothing has worked. I have tried EVERYTHING! I really could use some help.AYNONE!!! PLEASE HELP!!!
Maggie Slider #4754
All on the same day I lost access to my fb. IG and messenger accounts . I have no idea what happened. I have had others check their accounts to try to gain access to my account and I do not show up anywhere. It’s like my accounts never existed .I have sent the requested ID to Facebook 3 times and get a response saying I didn’t send the correct IDHow can they do this ?They ask me for a code generator which I can only get from the fb app……which I cannot log into because my account no longer exists !!!!!!
Peter Smithson #4797
Hi... I have been trying to advertise for sale, a disabled person's walking frame. However Facebook will not allow it, stating that it goes against their community standards on "Medical aids"... This despite there being numerous ads for identical items displayed over multiple "for sale" sites linked to Market Place. This is either sheer hypocrisy by Meta/ Facebook, or they are disciminating against me personally in some way. Maybe I should sue for loss of income??
Christophe Gillijns #4798
Facebook is just one big joke that doesn't care at all of their users/customers.If you have a problem well good luck ...I don't understand that they are not legally obligated to have an email supoort helpdesk.Users need to be able to contact them and this asap in case it is about a hacked account.Imagine an account of a teacher is hacked and he contacts students and start haras them and ask nude pictures and so on. Do you imagine the damage this can cause?So no idea how to fic this but it is a big shame they are not reachable.
Caroline Johnson #4802
I was informed that someone tried logging into my facebook, then they were able to send friend requests as me, I unfriended people as they were being added. Went to change my password and was unable to. Then was asked to upload a photo ID which I am not comfortable with but after 2 days I finally did. They said I went against community standards and would review my profile and depending on what they found they would either reinstate my account or delete it permanently. Apparently after a a week and a half they deleted me. They also deleted my Instagram account.What upsets me so much isn't just that they also deleted my Work Page i created through that account or my Group created on that account for the support of my puppy owners...the most upsetting part of this is that they deleted me from my Husbands Facebook account that I have been taking care of as his Legacy person when he passed away Jan 2020. All my memories with my Husband are gone!!!I did nothing wrong at all except try to change my password when I was hacked. I have been on Facebook since February 2009 and never had any problems until now!!
Tina pate #4840
My daughter got Facebook jail for 3 days for joking around with her cousin…. This Facebook jail has gotten really out of control. my grown daughter lives in Ohio and has a 1 yr old baby boy my neice lives in Alabama just had a baby girl 3 months old. My neice posted a pic of her and my daughter made a comment “ that’s she was so stinking cute that she is going to have to come down and kidnap her for a while” lol ok we are southerners so our slang and use of words are NOT literal and my grandsons birthday is tomorrow and she won’t be able to post pics so the family can share in on the day THANKS FACEBOOK for being idiots and not realizing that southern shave different men sing for thier words. That’s being predjudice towards us by banning us by the way we talk I tell my kids all the time when I’m reprehending them and thier being sassy back to me “ I brought you In this world I can take you out “ so does this mean I would harm them????! Helll Noooooo they really do need to get to know thier audience and how they talk and what region they are from this jail is targeting the wrong ones. Thank you for letting me vent
Alan Boswell #4853
I haven’t been to access my one FB account for about 3 weeks now despite trying to get help. No seems to be able to assist or doesn’t get back to me. I’m sure I’ve been hacked and every time I try open my FB page or login I get a full screen that blocks my page with heading saying; “Review Request- if we finds that your posts or comments haven’t followed our community standards your account will remain disabled…..etc.” When try to login from my laptop I noticed other email addresses…
Jennifer Manias #4868
Last night I got a notification about some post I had shared a long time ago supposedly being against community standards and it said if I posted or shared anything else against community standards my account would be disabled. And this post they were all upset about was about uses for baking soda. HOW does that possibly go against community standards?! So now because of all that it kicked me out of my account and keeps making me reset my password but then it still won't let me log in. I've went through the whole process of resetting my password and confirming my identity like 3-4 times now and it just will not let me get back into my Facebook account. I've tried a hundred different ways to get customer support to fix this but I've gotten no help and I'm just getting more and more mad and I want this taken care of so I can get my account back to normal
Fallyn Watkins #5152
The same thing happened to me almost to the exact wording. I don’t know how I’ll ever be able to get back in to my account that I’ve had since I was like 11 years old. I’m so upset. It just keeps saying “sorry you can’t login right now” after I’ve changed my password 5-6 times. I’m so irritated.
Linda Larkin #4878
I have tried to recovery Facebook account, since I have been locked out of it and NO MATTER what how I tried to get help, NOTHING WORKED and my account will remain locked until I go through ALL the steps that they say I should do, to which I have done and like I said, NOTHING WORKED no matter what I did.
Lisa Marotta #5132
I'm having trouble logging in to fb none of the passwords work I did change my number and email 2 yrs ago due to being hacked I want to get a new phone and since I don't know or am able to change my password I won't be able to install my fb account on my new phone I've tried everything please help I don't want to not have my fb.