Winnie Murugi
Health and Beauty Expert

Instagram has over 1 billion users monthly, making it one of the largest social media platforms in the world. However, it is one of the top-complained companies on PissedConsumer.com. Customers regularly leave reviews about having issues with Instagram accounts, hacks, account ban, difficulty logging in, fraudulent activities by other users, challenges using the app, and many more.

The reviews also indicate that customers want to know how to contact support when the Instagram customer service chat, email, or phone number doesn't help to get issues resolved. Here's a brief overview of the platform rating based on collected complaints.

Instagram Question and Answers

Number of Instagram reviews – 10k

Instagram rating* – 2⭐⭐

Instagram claimed losses – $9.6M

Successful calls – 35%/68.6K

Resolved issues – 112

To help you figure out how to contact Instagram customer support, we've outlined all options here:

1. Is Instagram customer service good?
  2. How to call Instagram support?
  3. How to contact customer service via email?
  4. How to contact customer service via app?
  5. How to report your issue to Instagram support?

1. Is Instagram Customer Service Good?

Numerous reviews on PissedConsumer indicate that Instagram has poor customer service.

For instance, in Instagram review #3417412, the customer expressed their frustration with the social media platform. Their attempt to call Instagram customer support was futile and they couldn’t get their issue resolved.

Instagram review about hacked account

On PissedConsumer, Instagram has a 2-star rating, GlassDoor gives it 3.6 stars, while BBB grating is 1 star.

The most common Instagram complaints include:

• Poor customer support, difficulty getting through via Instagram customer service email or phone number.
  • Unexplainable account deactivation or block.
  • Nudity on the platform.
  • Scammers and fraudulent activities by other users.
  • Challenges with Instagram login.

2. How to Call Instagram Support?

You might struggle to find an Instagram support phone number on the app or website. However, there is a phone number provided on various websites including Pissed Consumer. Thus, when you search for the Instagram customer service phone number, you will be offered only this number: (650) 543-4800.

According to Instagram review #2850480, the phone number does not go through to a customer service representative. When you call Instagram support number, it diverts to an automated voice system where you are directed to follow certain online instructions to resolve the issue. You can find similar instructions in the Instagram help center.

Instagram makes it impossible to resolve any problems you have. Ive tried calling customer support and leads you to an automated voice system they use.

Instgram review about customer support via phone

3. How to Contact Instagram Customer Service via Email?

According to answers on Quora, the Instagram customer service email is support@instagram.com. It was initially open for customers to reach out to support, but it is no longer open. When you send a message to this Instagram customer service email, you receive an automated response referring you back to the help center to resolve the issue.

This is evidenced by the numerous complaints that indicate that users do not get a response to the Instagram customer support emails they send out.

However, Instagram customer support does communicate with users via a no-reply email. Therefore, if you contact Instagram customer service help in-app e.g. by reporting an issue, they might respond by sending you an email. This option might be more helpful than calling the Instagram support phone number.

For instance, Instagram review #2879776 indicates that the customer received an email from Instagram.com after updating their email address.

Instagram review on account issue

4. How to Contact Instagram Customer Service via App?

The best method of contacting Instagram customer service help is in-app or on their help center. The Instagram help center provides step-by-step solutions for the most common issues.

For instance, according to Instagram reviews, one of the top issues is how to log in to an account. If the Instagram support phone number didn’t help, you can report such an issue via the app. Here is how to contact Instagram support in-app on Android and iPhone.

Android

• Go to the Instagram app.
  • On the login screen, find the “get help logging in” tap below the log in button.
  • Provide your username, phone number, or email address, or choose the option to log in with Instagram.
  • Tap on Next. You will be led through a series of on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

iPhone

• Go to the Instagram app.
  • On the login screen, find the “forgot password” tap below the log in button.
  • Select “Username” or “phone number”.

5. How to Report Your Issue to Instagram Support?

To report an issue, go to the Instagram help center either in your app or via a web browser. To access the Instagram help center in-app:

• Go to your profile page.
  • Tap on the settings icon.
  • Scroll down towards the bottom of the menu where the help center link is.

Instagram Help Center link button

To report an issue:

Scroll down on the main menu to “Policies and Reporting”.

Instagram Help Center policies and reporting

You will be provided with a list of issues you can report about including:

• Spread of false information on Instagram.
  • Different types of content e.g. someone’s story, IGTV, reel, post, products, and messages.
  • Copyright infringement.
  • Harassment and bullying.
  • Blackmailing.
  • Someone threatening to share your private content.
  • Children under 13.
  • Images that sexually exploit children.

Instagram Help Center How to report things

For these issues, reporting through the app is more effective than sending messages to Instagram customer service email or calling a phone number. The easiest way to report abusive or spam content is by tapping on the report option on the content itself.

Conclusion

There is no real person on the other end when you call the support phone number or attempt to find an Instagram customer service live chat. Neither an Instagram customer service email address nor a way to chat with a support representative. This makes it quite difficult for users to contact Instagram customer support for help. Users have to rely on the help center to find answers. You can also login into your Instagram account to report an issue.

Have you attempted to contact Instagram customer support for help? You can share your issue with others by leaving a review.

*The company ratings on the PissedConsumer website are calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the company’s profile. The algorithm parameters are: users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company responses and more. The PissedConsumer algorithm is also subject to change in the future.

Winnie Murugi
Health and Beauty Expert

Winnie is a freelance writer and B2C content expert who specializes in health and beauty, cafes and restaurants, fitness products buyer guides and researches. She has been working with international clients since 2012.

• how to contact instagram
  • Instagram complaints
  • Instagram customer service
  • instagram customer service chat
  • instagram customer service email
  • Instagram customer service phone number
  • Instagram reviews
  • Instagram support phone number

Legal disclaimers:

1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.

2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.

Leave a Reply for Anthony Jaya

Alie Pettigrew #4143
If you think that Instagram has their stuff together but you’d be wrong, my account got hacked into by a woman who hacked into my friends account saying if she connected my Instagram to hers then she’d send me money. Naturally thinking it was a woman I hung out with every now and then, I trusted it. Turns out I was wrong to, my email and phone number got changed and I’ve been blocked by this person who hacked it and I can no longer find any access what do ever to be able to fix it. I tried IG face recognition, emailed them, messaged the group chat support, and called their support line but they have done jack squat to help or fix it in any way what so ever. I am livid because I had photos of my partner and my niece that I cannot get back due to this jackhole that took my account. If absolutely anyone figured out how to fix it please help me, I had a full fledged panic attack because I’d realized all the photos I’d lost. I’m just simply looking to get my things back. Please someone send help, and I mean actual help. Not IG piss poor version of it.
Kevin #4396
Exact same thing happened to my friend. Please let us know if you found a solution to this. Thanks. Sorry for the account you lost
Deborah Nicholson #4779
What can I do someone changed my email and my phone number and have no access to my account how can I get my account back with all my pictures?
Ashanti locke #4152
My Instagram views are not showing
Rochell L Hardy #4157
My Instagram account been hacked and they’re asking me for 50 dollars to get my account back
Genie Marie #4456
SAME. Mine needs to be recovered, and some random person was gonna fix it for me if I paid $50. Like..no.
Deborah Nicholson #4778
Someone has changed my email and my phone number I have no access to getting into my Instagram and nobody is willing to help me how can I resolve this they have all of my pictures please help
Heather Overstake #4165
How can my so. Get his account back? Someone hacked it, and he did everything but now you said his face video was not him?Can someone help us?
Dolly #4213
I am a volunteer mentor and I do webinars on IG. I can't imagine how I got hacked but I should have done my 2FA in IG. It's the worst app for CS, and there is ZERO help. I stopped promoting IG as a Marketing tool for Small Businesses. I do not even know what this thread can do aside from having a pissed party here sharing our disgust and feeling victimized for being 'nice'. SIGH.
Anthony Jaya #4298
We regularly do ads through our instagram account but all of a sudden our business account was flagged to be underage, and locked out of our account. We have to verify that we are over 13 by providing a name that matches the account, a DOB, and a valid photo ID. I'd like to see Instagram LLC produce a state-issued photo ID that shows they are not an underaged kid. Why is there even an age verification system on business accounts? Zero customer support from Instagram. Absolutely nothing. We have been in contact with Facebook/Meta Business Concierge since they are the ones processing our ads payment. While I see Facebook really trying to fix this, it seems they have no control or no way to really contact the instagram team to fix this issue. Instead I keep getting referred to resubmit the appeal. I have done it 3 times and of course failed all times. I bet they have an automated name-matching verification system before a human receives the appeal. We are seriously considering moving to a different platform for our ad campaigns.
Ryan #4426
Anthony hello I was reading about your problem and my wife and I for our bussiness page are going thru the same exact problem and are going crazy trying to figure out how to fix it since it’s giving us the same error you had when uploading the id’s , did you ever get anything fixed through instagram or atleast any reply back from them .
Terrence James #4335
I got locked out and I only got my number attached to it not my email. I woke up and it said someone try to get into my account and they logged me out for safety. How can I get it back without the original phone number witch I no longer have.
Rebekali P Ayemi #4768
I am so frustrated already .I have been trying to change my Instagram account to a professional business account for days now. Everytime i try to boost a post it says my account has been restricted to boost ads. I have done everything that the Internet told me to. I made sure i am an admin of the Facebook page, i have followed every damn instructions correctly and in the end it just wont allow me to change into a professional account. I have spend days managing my account ,posting pictures and informations and im hanging on trying to solve this issue at all cost but there is no help at all