Winnie Murugi
Health and Beauty Expert

Amazon has grown to become the biggest e-commerce retailer in the world. According to statista.com, 206 million people shop on Amazon every month.  The wide range of products, competitive prices, and convenience are some of the factors that make Amazon a go-to online shopping platform.

Amazon Q&A

Number of Amazon reviews – 7.8k

Amazon rating*- 2.2⭐⭐

Claimed losses - $5.1M

Successful calls – 15%/40K

In the recent past, there have been numerous complaints regarding the Amazon customer service on PissedConsumer. This article explores the best and easiest ways to contact their customer service. It also addresses the following top consumer questions to Amazon:

1. Is Amazon customer service good?
  2. How to contact them by phone?
  3. Can I contact their customer service via social networks?
  4. How to contact seller on Amazon?
  5. Is there a help page to contact?

1. Is Amazon Customer Service Good?

Amazon positions itself as a customer-centric e-commerce platform that is committed to operational excellence, invention, and long-term thinking. While many customers have had a great experience shopping and selling on the platform, others have reported their disappointment with the Amazon customer service.

According to PissedConsumer.com reviews, the top Amazon support complaints are in regards to:

• Difficulty getting through to the Amazon support.
  • Rude delivery staff.
  • Being put on hold for extended periods when customers contact Amazon via phone.
  • Mishandling of products by Amazon delivery men.
  • Items that are out-of-stock being listed as available.

Other common Amazon complaints include:

• Poor quality or defective products.
  • Being overcharged especially on the Amazon prime membership.
  • Wrongful billing on orders.
  • Delivery of the wrong items.
  • Unexplained change in delivery dates.
  • Difficulty returning items and getting refunds.

These complaints seem to come up across the various company portals, including Amazon.com, Amazon India, and Amazon UK. For instance, in an Amazon review on PissedConsumer, the customer complained that the company was delivering refurbished goods that were defective and positioning them as new products. On five occasions, the customer received defective vacuum cleaners until she decided that was enough and asked for a refund.

While Amazon refunded her, she expressed her disappointment in the company for selling low-quality products to customers online.

5 times and two different sellers (two different brands) delivered defective/broken machine. Amazon india runs a scam of selling products that are not genuine to consumers online

That said, Amazon ratings vary across different review platforms. On Pissed Consumer, the rating is 2.2 stars, Glass Door gives it 3.9 stars, and the majority of Amazon reviews on BBB have a 1-star rating.

2. How to Contact Amazon by Phone?

As evidenced in numerous reviews on PissedConsumer, customers would like to know how to call Amazon. The challenge that most people experience is finding the right Amazon phone number to call or being put on hold for too long. Yet, some issues are easier resolved by talking to a real person.

There are different customer service numbers depending on your location and issue at hand as follows:

• Amazon toll-free number: (866) 216 -1075
  • For legal issues: (206) 266 – 4064
  • For payment issues: (866) 216 -1075

To find out the accurate Amazon phone number to call, visit the company’s help center, scroll down on the page, and click on “Contact Us”.

Amazon contact us

Select a category under which your issue falls. You will be prompted to provide more details about the issue by choosing even more categories from the drop-down menus. Scroll down to the “talk to someone” segment and click on “phone”.

Provide your country and phone number. If your country is on their drop-down list, you might be asked to specify your number for an Amazon customer service representative to call you. Otherwise, the company will provide you with a phone number to call.

Before you contact Amazon customer support, ensure to have all the information about your account at hand including your full name, address, credit card information, and details about your last purchase. In addition, the Amazon customer care representative will send a verification code to your phone at the start of the call and you will be required to confirm the code.

3. Can I Contact Amazon Customer Service Via Social Networks?

Most international companies are quick to respond to their customers via social media pages. That is the case for Amazon. The customer service representatives can be reached through the various social media pages including @Amazonhelp on Twitter or direct messaging on them on the Amazon Facebook and Instagram pages.

The Amazon customer service chats on Twitter reveal that on this social media platform customers get responses promptly. So, if you don’t know how to call Amazon, you can either tweet or direct message the customer service representatives on their page. If the issue involves providing your personal information, it is best to directly message the Amazon Help Twitter page to avoid exposing your information to scammers.

Amazon Help twitter post

As for Facebook, it is not clear whether Amazon customer care responds promptly since you can only direct message them. The other option for contacting the Amazon support is to send them an email. The main Amazon customer service email address is: ecr-replies@amazon.com.

According to some Amazon reviews on PissedConsumer, customers indicated that they didn’t get a response to their email. Hence one of the most Amazon FAQs is “which is the best Amazon email address to write to?” One reviewer indicated that they got a prompt response when they reached out to Amazon via the jeff@amazon.com email address.

If you are looking for immediate assistance on your issue, it is best to contact Amazon via phone or reach out via the @AmazonHelp Twitter page.

4. How to Contact Seller on Amazon?

Customers often wonder how to call Amazon seller. Whether you want to enquire about a product, to change your order, or to provide feedback, there are three main ways to contact a seller on Amazon.

1. Through the “sold by…” link

Amazon provides the name of the seller under the product description. If you click on the “sold by…” link, it will offer you an option to ask a question. You will be probed about whether you are enquiring about a product you have already ordered or otherwise. Then, you will choose a subject category and provide details about your question or issue.

When contacting a seller using this method, your question or message goes directly to Amazon, and then the company forwards it to the seller. Amazon does not reveal your personal information to the seller. It takes up to 3 business days for the seller to respond.

1. Through your order page.

You can seek assistance from the seller for products already ordered through the “your orders” page. To do so, login to your account and go to “your orders” page. Click on the order that you would like to contact its seller. On the right side, you will be presented with several options including a “problem with order” or “get help with order”.  Click on it and follow the prompts to provide details about your issue.

1. Through the Amazon review

If you already received your order and you would like to give the seller feedback, you can do so by writing a review and rating the product.

With that said, some Amazon complaints indicate that customers did not get a response or their issue resolved by the seller.  In such a case, it is best to contact Amazon support directly. To speak to a customer service representative, call the appropriate Amazon phone number.

5. Is There an Amazon Help Page to Contact?

The Amazon "Contact us" page is the starting point for contacting the their customer service. On the page, you are provided with 7 categories to choose from including:

• A delivery, order, or return;
  • Prime Membership;
  • Payment, charges, or gift cards;
  • Device – FireTablet, FireTV, Echo etc.;
  • Digital Content – Kindle Books, Music etc.;
  • Something else.

Once you choose the category you need help with, you will be prompted to provide further details about the issue by selecting from the provided drop-down menu. Amazon then provides you with relevant information in regards to the issue and some ways you can resolve the matter. They then proceed to offer you an option to talk to someone either by email, phone, or chat.

Amazon Help page

If you click on the email option, you will be provided with a window where you can specify details about the issue. Once you send the email, you should get a response within 12 hours.

If you select the Amazon Live chat option, you will be led to a live chat page where a customer service representative will be available for you to chat with. For the phone option, you will either be provided with a phone number to call or you will be asked to provide your phone number for a company representative to give you a call.

Finally, the company has a comprehensive help center that contains articles on most common customer issues and answers to the top Amazon FAQs.

Some customers find the process of contacting a customer service representative too complicated. Amazon complaints indicate that you have to go through numerous steps before being able to get in touch with a real person.

Amazon offers various ways to get in touch with their customer service team, including email, phone, live chat, and social media pages. Besides, the help center provides comprehensive information on the most common customer issues and Amazon FAQs. With that said, customers have reported experiencing difficulty in speaking to a real person both on the phone and live chat.

How has your experience with the Amazon customer service been? You are welcome to share your experience by leaving a review about Amazon by clicking the button below.

*The company ratings on the PissedConsumer website are calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the company’s profile. The algorithm parameters are: users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company responses and more. The PissedConsumer algorithm is also subject to change in the future.

Winnie Murugi
Health and Beauty Expert

Winnie is a freelance writer and B2C content expert who specializes in health and beauty, cafes and restaurants, fitness products buyer guides and researches. She has been working with international clients since 2012.

• Amazon complaints
  • Amazon support
  • contact Amazon
  • how to call Amazon

Legal disclaimers:

1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.

2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.

catherine rymer #2724
How much do I owe on my account were I can pay on it to have service with yall
Shri Krishan #2619
There is difference in my balance amount and actual amount. Something is wrong with your calculation. Pse check up
Sharon #2618
I was going to become a seller on Amazon to extend my business but decided against it after due to timing. I went through the entire process of and was able to login. A couple of days later I deactivated the account. On that same day they charged me a $40 subscription fee which would be monthly. Now I am unable to contact the sellers customer service because apparently you can only send messages directly from the account that I deactivated which is really {{{REDACTED}}} and super odd. I never sold anything. Never listed anything. I honestly just checked out the site and how it operates, and now I have a fee seemingly just for signing up in which a sign up fee isn't stated when started. Just the monthly payment for using their services if FBA which I didn't want so a lot of confusion is what I got with the fee. Does anyone know how to contact sellers customer service for the US? Oh, yeah! There is a customer service for every, big and small, country which made this all the more fun since they tell you that you have to qualify to talk to them. It's crazy how this operates.
Samia Chaaban #2612
Hi .u charge me twice for the order I have just two orders not four please return my money back for charge two extra items. Thank you
Rhody Daniel Francoeur #2501
i was buying a 40 lbs dumbells set since November, you tell me is damaged, but where is my refund now ?
Ishan Shankar Chaturvedi #2486
Regarding my order - delivery .
Melanie Sumner #2455
11 months of being lied to about literally everything & discriminated on many levels by Amazon employees has been the worst experience of my life and I’ve also been threatened and taunted like a child. Despite proof of absolutely everything it’s been ignored. Including 3 reps “issuing” my compensation for fire damages that amazon is liable for and lying to me it blows my mind how that happens when calling into Amazon, not once but three times and every single complaint I’ve filed with the BBB & Attorney General has been blatantly lied on by some of the same ECR employees I’ve dealt with this whole time. WHEN WILL THEY BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE?! I mean I have sent in proof after proof and it’s been ignored I didn’t know that that treatment & those actions were completely acceptable from employees of Amazon?! It’s not.
Christine Hibbs #2413
I have left specific instructions as to where to deliver a package and used to be very efficient but now packages are being left in numerous places, including our mailbox. Don’t get me wrong we get all deliveries but some delivery drivers have become very lax.
Eleanor Wax #2401
How do I change to my new cell;phone number for validation? My old phone number is no longer in use.I need to place some orders on my Amazonsmile account!PLease advise.Thank you.Eleanor Wax
Asiya #2392
My order is at RTO . Plz remove it,so that I get my order immediately
Estelle Seibert #2361
I am not sure why I keep receiving texts that amazon now has access to my account. I do not do business w/ Amazon.Thank you.Estelle Seibert
Robert nolan #2318
I have not received my money back on my orders my packages were damaged on truck
Barb Kienlen #2315
I order a lot of items from you never a problem, til now. I've been waiting on a jacket for my granddaughter.I ordered it on December 5 th, now their saying it won't be here til December 31st. I don't think you should have sellers that take that long for the customers to receive the item. I very disappointed,and I'm short a gift for one of my granddaughters.Very Unsatisfied Customer, Barbara Kienlen
Marnie McClure #2303
I ordered a package in April 2021, and have never recieved it yet. Unfortunately due to this problem, I will never order from Amizon again!!
Digital clock #2296
I have a police report for the items that was stolen from my apartment but I can’t find phone numbers to call and file a claim
Elaine Campbell #2283
I was not home when a package was delivered and the driver got stuck in my yard causing big ruts when they were pulled out. My neighbor saw it took pics of it and called me. I am disabled and need it fixed or at least an apology from the driver.
Agot buk #2276
It won’t let me log into my account
Brianna Hengst #2213
We have a problem getting making a new Amazon account. Apparently the number we are trying to use is associated with an account, and it won't let us log in. We don't have any other accounts, and couldn't figure out how to get rid of the number/other accounts it's apparently on. Please help!!
Shivani patel #2212
I buy a grinder and after 3 4 usage it stops working a called 5 6 times no help is there.... Their is a 90 day coverage which is expire in December... Before that I need to sort it out....Replace it, repair it or refund it....
Jackie #2209
I have to unplug my tv plug back in Everytime to watch prime video.
Amanda Baldwin #2153
i want all muliple order cancled asap and refunded asap now
Glenn #2150
I purchases from the US and have the items sent to the Philippines. Until recently, I had a choice of two shipping methods. One would be about 10 days and the other about 15 with something like a 15% difference in price.The last 6 items I purchased had the two shipping methods but...In is now mid December and the expensive shipping will arrive January 4 but the cheaper will now always be August 24 and that is any item I order.I wonder how many people don't even notice and will be surprised to wait 9 months.
Anne Nielsen #2146
I have tried twice to cancel my free trial of Amazon Prime. Please just cancel Amazon Prime. Thank you.
Helen Stackhouse #2123
Was told I purchased something from Amazon and I did not. Please see to this matter since I'm unable to talk to someone who can address this problem. Thank you
Anonymous #2122
I received a call momentts ago stating I was charged for a purchase I didn't place. I need it 2 be canceled. Thank you. I don't wish to contact legal help for this matter.
Anne moore #2091
Hi, I have been charged for Amazon prime. On Amazon. Com.This is a mistake. I have Amazon prime in the UK. Can you refund it please, as I pay for Amazon prime in the UK.
Jackie #2055
Can't my items be sent to another warehouse other than Harleysville, PA? Everytime it's sent to Harleysville, it NEVER gets to my address. I have to get a refund and reorder and the process starts again.
Bonnie Thompson #2047
I requested a print out label for 6 return boxes only received one label need five more do I can return memory form bags
Crystal #2100
The easiest way to talk to customer service is through the chat feature in your account. Here is a link to it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us/?nodeid=201007630&ref=sxts_snpl_1_1_2447839182&qid=1465019167&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2447839182&pf_rd_i=contact+us&pf_rd_r=1WET9AR1F8TEXT29PEHS&pf_rd_s=desktop-signpost Just copy and paste this link, then click on start chatting button. They always make it right and sometimes they will give you a $5 promo code just for the inconvenience. If they haven't offered the promo code by the end of conversation, express your dissatisfaction more and they will most likely offer it. And they will offer either a replacement or refund for any item you didn't receive (if they don't automatically offer, just ask them to refund or replace). Unless it was not shipped by Amazon, then they will help you send a message to the seller.
Ronald Andrus #2046
I have been a Prime costomer for a couple years now. The problem is that I used to get my deliveries in 2 days . Now I get them in 10 days. Why is this happening and can it be corrected. Thank You, Ronald Andrus
Patricia Gromko #2035
I ordered 3 items TO BE DELIVERED THE 8TH...but got no email confirming my order and customer service is a 22 minute call back that NEVER calls!!!!!!
Natalya #1991
I have ordered new graphics card on Amazon. The package I received contained a completely different graphics card, on top of that it had signs of usage with dust on the fans and scratches on the frame. The mailing box was sealed without any signs of being opened, however the box of the graphics card itself came without any safety wrap or seals.After that I have left a review of the product on Amazon and attached photos of the used graphics card. Then I contacted customer service and followed their instructions. They told me to send the graphics card back to Amazon. Upon receiving the graphics card I was told that I won’t get the money back because it was a different card. However, I don’t have another card, I returned the only card sent to me by Amazon. I was refused a refund and the card I’ve returned was disposed.Our family are regular customers at Amazon. Out of all the purchases we haven’t returned anything except this graphics card.Customer service can't help me. No money, no graphics card.Send me the graphic I ordered or get my money back!
D J Shin #2215
This what happened to me exactly. I ordered something and they sent me a wrong one so I returned it as per their instruction and then they said a replacement was shipped but when it was about to be delivered, they said it is deliverable and gone back. From that point, no message no replies to my request on the refund! Each time I tried to contact real human everything is automated machine and going around the circle nothing's been resolved. In the past Amazon was very efficient and there was always a real person to talk to but now they think they can just ignore small customers and get away with it. Big bully! They took my money near $300.
susan Mbugua #1989
My order for Nivea roll ons was not delivered to my address though it says delivered on 11/23/2021
Albert #1952
Please my Amazon account is on hold help me restart the account.
PissedConsumer Help Center #2027
Thank you for your comment. Did you contact Amazon customer service about your issue? You may want to get a hold of a company representative to resolve your issue with an account. To reach out to Amazon, try the options provided above or check contact details here: https://amazon.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html
Praveen Bhola #1938
Defected product and cheap quality product delivered. Want refund.
PissedConsumer Help Center #2028
Thank you for leaving a comment. To report your complaint on the product bought through Amazon, please contact the Amazon seller or Amazon customer service. You may follow the tips provided in the article above. If you’d like to share your feedback about the quality of the product and warn other consumers, you are welcome to leave a review here: https://www.pissedconsumer.com/post-complaint.html