LinkedIn is a top professional networking platform. According to LinkedIn reviews on Pissedconsumer.com, while some users have a hassle-free experience, the majority of them encounter issues when using the platform. So, customers are seeking effective methods to contact LinkedIn customer service to address their concerns.
Number of LinkedIn reviews – 3.1K
LinkedIn rating* – 1.7⭐⭐
LinkedIn claimed losses – $4.5M
Successful calls – 4%/19.7K
Resolved issues – 34
- LinkedIn does not offer customer support via phone or email. The first line of support is the LinkedIn Help Center.
- LinkedIn cautions users against websites offering a LinkedIn customer service number for a fee.
- The best way to contact LinkedIn customer service is by submitting a ticket through the help center.
The article offers constructive solutions and useful insights on how to contact LinkedIn support through various communication channels. We will answer the most common customer questions:
- Is LinkedIn support good?
- How to contact LinkedIn by phone?
- How to contact LinkedIn customer service by email?
- How to contact LinkedIn support via the Help Center?
- How to reach LinkedIn customer service online?
1. Is LinkedIn Support Good?
LinkedIn.com is the largest online networking platform for professionals and companies. LinkedIn Corporation was launched in 2003 in California, United States, and is owned by Microsoft Corporation. It currently has over 930 million registered users in more than 200 countries and regions.
Nevertheless, LinkedIn reviews identify that many consumers are dissatisfied with the quality of customer service. This professional network has a 1.7-star rating out of the possible 5 on Pissedconsumer, with only 9% of users willing to recommend the platform to friends or colleagues. To get LinkedIn issues resolved, users have to wait up to 18 days. So, what are the most common complaints voiced by consumers?
Top LinkedIn complaints
Although LinkedIn offers many benefits, including career growth, networking, establishing new business contacts, and sharing experience and knowledge, it still faces client dissatisfaction.
Below are the most common LinkedIn complaints:
- account restrictions;
- hacked accounts and impersonations;
- difficulty getting the account verified;
- difficulty getting through to LinkedIn support;
- wrongful billing and unauthorized charges;
- no way to email or call LinkedIn customer service.
For example, in one of LinkedIn reviews the customer expressed their frustration that their premium account, which they heavily rely on for work, had been restricted. Being “locked out for 8 days,” they are still unable to solve their issue and contact LinkedIn support:
LinkedIn support simply doesn't exist - no phone number and no contact email unless you have an open ticket from an existing (and accessible) account with them, and even then they never respond.
2. How to Contact LinkedIn by Phone?
There is no way to call LinkedIn support. In one of the FAQs in the help center, LinkedIn categorically notes that they do not have a phone number. They warn about websites that advertise to provide LinkedIn phone support at a fee and clarify that they are not affiliated with such companies. They also note that they do not charge their users for customer support. There is also no LinkedIn contact number provided on their social media pages.
Reviews further evidence that there is no LinkedIn phone number to call. For example, one frustrated customer noted in their review that there was really no LinkedIn phone number and ways to contact the service:
They have no phone number to call and no customer service. They charge me 99 a month and I can not sign on.
3. How to Contact LinkedIn Customer Service by Email?
There is no LinkedIn customer service email to write directly to. However, if you submit a support case via the help center, you will receive an automated LinkedIn email confirming your ticket receipt. Ensure that the email address linked to your account is receiving LinkedIn customer service emails.
You are not likely to get a response to your issue if you email LinkedIn customer service through the automated email address, but rather through the platform. You can view your LinkedIn customer care cases from the drop-down menu on your profile icon.
One of the LinkedIn reviewers explains that they attempted to get in touch with LinkedIn via email. However, they did not receive any response or had their issue resolved:
….the only contact method is through email. They say they're busy and replies might take a while, but it's been over a week now.
4. How to Contact LinkedIn Support via the Help Center?
The help center is the first line to contact Linkedin support. It offers resources, product information, and troubleshooting tips. While there is no LinkedIn help forum on the help center where you can engage with other members, you might find answers to your issue on the FAQs center.
If you don’t find answers to your issue, submit a support case on Linkedin Help Center via the app or web.
- Login to your LinkedIn account.
- On the drop-down menu from your profile icon, go to “Help.”
- On the help center, click on “Open Help in a new tab.”
- On the new page, scroll down to the bottom and click “Contact Us.”
- Of the two options provided, select “Get help from us.”
- Select “Other” from the categories provided and enter your question or the topic of your issue.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Create a support ticket.”
- Fill out the form provided and submit it.
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Click on your profile icon on the far-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll towards the bottom of the page and tap on “Help Center.”
- Choose a category.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Contact Us.”
- On the new page, select “Get help from us.”
- From the categories, tap on “Other” and enter your question.
- Scroll towards the bottom of the page and tap on “Create a support ticket.”
- Fill in the required fields and submit for a LinkedIn representative to reply.
LinkedIn customer service notes that due to the demand for support, it may take longer than usual for you to get a response to your ticket from representatives.
Premium members can access the LinkedIn customer service via live chat both in the app or on the web. The live chat option is only available in English, even if your LinkedIn account is in another language.
To access it, scroll to the bottom of the LinkedIn help center homepage and click on “Live Chat.” It will display as either online or offline depending on the availability of the service. However, there is no direct LinkedIn phone number to call.
However, several reviews indicate that customers did not get a response on their submitted support tickets. For example, in LinkedIn review #4960147, the customer says:
My account was hacked I open ticket on LinkedIn support but no one reached back of provide a solution to my problem.
5. How to Reach LinkedIn Customer Service Online?
Aside from the help center, you can contact LinkedIn customer care for help through their social media pages and forums.
LinkedIn customer support is highly responsive on the company’s Twitter help page (@LinkedInHelp). Some members post their LinkedIn complaints or questions directly on the company’s feed. Others opt to message directly. You can do either, but it is advisable to message them directly for issues that require you to provide your personal information.
LinkedIn customer service representatives usually respond to the Tweets and provide users with further standard instructions, which typically ask for relevant additional information and personal details sent through DM.
In the case of a hacked account, they provide a link to a form for you to fill out to help the safety team with recovery efforts. However, customers are complaining about long responses or ignoring requests and LinkedIn support tickets.
In several recent Tweets, some members advised others to seek assistance with their account issues from third parties. LinkedIn representatives warn against giving third parties access to your account.
You could also join LinkedIn help forums on Quora and Reddit. On these forums, members leave their LinkedIn reviews and discuss the handling of various issues they encounter when using the social network.
Like most social networks, there is no way to contact LinkedIn customer service directly. There is no LinkedIn phone number, email address, or live chat. The main way for users to reach LinkedIn support is by submitting a ticket through the help center or reaching out on the company’s Twitter help page.
What has been your experience with LinkedIn or contacting their customer support? You may leave a review on PissedConsumer.com and help users avoid potential issues.
*The company ratings on the PissedConsumer website are calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the company’s profile. The algorithm parameters are: users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company responses and more. The PissedConsumer algorithm is also subject to change in the future.
1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.
2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.