Peloton Interactive aims to offer customers a convenient way to work out at home. They sell various exercise equipment and offer their members access to thousands of workouts through the subscription-based membership app.
However, Peloton reviews on PissedConsumer indicate numerous complaints regarding poor customer service. Consumers particularly report not being able to get through to customer support.
Therefore, we did research to establish the best ways to contact Peloton customer service. We also looked at the company’s ratings and reviews on PissedConsumer to find out if Peloton is worth it.
The table below summarizes Peloton's rating and reviews on PissedConsumer.
Number of Peloton reviews – 109
Peloton rating* – 2.0⭐⭐
Claimed losses – $26.4K
Successful calls – 17%/1.7K
In our best effort to provide information on how to contact Peloton, we answer the following top consumer questions to the company.
- What is Peloton?
- Is Peloton worth it?
- How do I call customer service?
- How to start a Peloton live chat?
- How to contact customer service by email?
- How to contact support via social media?
- How to cancel a membership?
1. What is Peloton?
Peloton Interactive, Inc. is an exercise equipment and media company that provides home workout solutions. Its headquarters are in New York but it caters to customers in the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada.
Peloton’s range of products includes treadmills, stationary bicycles, and indoor rowers. All exercise equipment is fitted with internet-connected touch screens that stream on-demand and live fitness classes.
They can be synced with the monthly subscription-based Peloton app and grant you access to thousands of workout sessions. The membership enables you to access live and on-demand instructor-led workouts. You can also chat with friends on video.
There are two main categories of stationary bikes: Peloton Bike and Peloton Bike+. Peloton Bike is cheaper than Peloton Bike+ but they have a lower weight capacity and a smaller screen size. The range of treadmills includes Peloton Tread and Peloton Tread+.
You can buy the exercise equipment online at www.onepeloton.com or from one of the 150+ showrooms in their primary market regions. They provide a search bar on their website to enable you to identify the showrooms closest to you.
In May 2021, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a warning to people with pets and kids, advising them to stop using Peloton Tread+. It followed a fatal incident where a child was pulled under the treadmill's belt while the parent was running. There have been about 40 reported incidents where the treadmill injured kids and pets.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission asked that OnePeloton.com recall the treadmills. Initially, the company denied the request for recall but later on, in May 2021, they voluntarily recalled both Tread and Tread+ models.
Following the recall, Peloton and the Consumer Product Safety Commission opened up a full refund of the recalled machines until November 2022. On October 18, 2022, Peloton and the Consumer Product Safety Commission further announced an extension of the refund deadline to November 6, 2023.
For customers who wish to retain the treadmills, the brand suggests moving the treadmill to a room out of reach for kids and pets.
2. Is Peloton Worth It?
When it comes to rating, different customers have had different experiences with OnePeloton.com products and services. Peloton reviews indicate that while some people are satisfied with the quality and convenience of the products and the digital memberships, others are dissatisfied.
The top Peloton complaints on PissedConsumer include:
- Poor customer service. Several reviews evidence that some customers had difficulty getting through to Peloton customer service. Others could get to customer care through the Peloton support number or live chat, but they were not offered the help they needed. As such, one of the most common questions among consumers is how to contact Peloton customer service effectively. For instance, can you email Peloton directly? Is there an alternative Peloton phone number to call?
- Delayed delivery or no delivery at all of the ordered exercise equipment as evidenced in Peloton review #3962136:
“24 hours after the scheduled delivery date, I'm still waiting... I've still not heard a peep from Peloton delivery. I called Peloton customer service and the rep told me their system showed that at 6:00 PM the delivery team had cancelled the delivery on their computer because" they could not make it".
- Difficulty in scheduling Peloton equipment installation. On several instances, the installation technicians did not show up per the agreed schedule, and others showed up late. In the no-show cases, some buyers had challenges rescheduling the installation appointment with Peloton customer service.
- Faulty products. Some customers report quality issues with the products. For example, one consumer (review #3769622) reported that the strip around the screen had come off and the screen looked foggy.
While another customer (review #4214915) said that they could not put resistance on the flywheel.
- Difficulty canceling the subscription. Several reviewers (i.e., #4088200) report that they were unable to cancel Peloton's membership.
3. How Do I Call Peloton Customer Service?
The most effective method of getting immediate assistance for your issue or question is to call the Peloton customer service number. For each of the primary market countries, there are different Peloton support numbers.
On OnePeloton.com, select your country on the menu bar. The correct Peloton phone number for your country is listed at the bottom of the home page. The phone numbers are also mentioned on various FAQ pages on the Peloton support center. If necessary, you can call Peloton support number any day of the week between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
Peloton phone numbers are as follows:
- USA: 1-866-676-9129
- Canada: 1-833-821-0099
- UK: +44-808-169-6469
- Germany: 0800-0010028
- Australia: 1800-925-535
- Peloton Studios New York: 1-646-277-4497
Peloton complaints on PissedConsumer indicate that even though customers get through on the phone number, some do not get helpful responses. They are taken around or keep being transferred without a tangible solution.
For instance, in the Peloton review #4218179, the customer says:
“I attempted to call regarding a purchase. I was transferred a couple of timesand then placed on a long hold...”
4. How to Start a Peloton Live Chat?
Peloton customer service chat is easily accessible for customers in various regions. Below are the steps to follow:
- Visit www.onepeloton.com and select your respective country.
- Scroll down toward the bottom of the home page.
- Select the Live Chat option or click on the live chat icon at the far right bottom corner of the screen.
- A Peloton customer service chat window will open at the right-hand corner of the screen.
- The bot will attempt to resolve your issue. If you do not find the solutions offered helpful, choose the "Support" option to be connected to a live person.
- Suppose it is outside the Peloton customer service operating hours, or a live person is not available. In that case, you will be offered the option to email customer support directly, fill out a contact form under the "Submit a Request," or visit the Peloton support center. In addition to that, you could call Peloton's phone number to get in touch with a live person. Note that the Peloton support number will go through within working hours only.
5. How to Contact Peloton Customer Service by Email?
Another option for contacting Peloton help is through email. There are several Peloton customer service email addresses provided for different issues.
To email Peloton for a customer-related issue, write to email@example.com. To increase your chances of getting a helpful response, include as many details about the problem when you email Peloton as possible, e.g., your full name, order number, date of purchase, date of delivery, the scheduled date of installation, pictures, videos, etc.
Additional email addresses provided on the Peloton support center include:
- Peloton Studios New York: StudiosNY@onepeloton.com
- Press Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Partnership Inquiries: email@example.com
- Music Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Impact Inquiries: email@example.com
- Advertising Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peloton customer service can also be reached on social media. OnePeloton.com has a social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
The customer service representatives are most responsive on Twitter. To initiate a Peloton customer service chat on Twitter, leave a comment on their feed or message them directly. When customers leave their questions or complaints on the feed, the representatives respond with a solution or promise to forward the issue to the customer support team.
Customers also leave their reviews or complaints on the Peloton Facebook and Instagram pages as comments on the most recent posts. The customer service representatives respond to some of the comments, though they are not as responsive there as on Twitter.
7. How to Cancel Peloton Membership?
According to the Peloton support page, you can cancel your membership anytime. The annual membership auto-renews each year unless you cancel your membership before the next billing date. The exact cancelation procedure depends on the type of device.
For an IOS device, go to the device settings and select “Subscriptions”. Choose Peloton, click on “Cancel subscription” and confirm the cancellation.
For an Android device, login to your Google Play Store account, and go to “Payments and subscriptions”. Proceed to “subscriptions”, select Peloton, and then click on cancel subscriptions. Follow the instructions provided to complete the cancellation.
To cancel your Peloton membership via a browser, go to members.onepeloton.com.
Click on the subscription links, then “Cancel subscription”, and confirm the cancelation.
If you are subscribed through the Amazon Appstore, go to the menu, then “Subscriptions”. Click on the Peloton subscription and then “Cancel subscription.” If you are using an Amazon Fire tablet, go to “Apps” then “Store.” Under the menu select “Subscriptions”, click on “Peloton”, and then “Cancel subscription”.
If you experience difficulty canceling your membership, contact Peloton customer service for further assistance. You can reach out via the Peloton support chat or call the support number.
There are several ways you can contact Peloton customer support. For immediate assistance, call the Peloton support number or start a live chat. Other alternatives include writing to one of the Peloton customer service emails or filling out the contact form in the Peloton support center. You may also send a direct message on their social media pages or Tweet them.
However, keep in mind that there are numerous complaints regarding poor OnePeloton.com customer service. Some people are lucky to get prompt assistance while in other instances you have to keep trying to get a response. Even when you get through, the customer support representatives may not be helpful.
What has been your experience with Peloton? Leave a review on PissedConsumer.com.
*Disclaimer: Ranking and statistics are based on our users’ review texts and PissedConsumer posters’ reviews. Also, a company’s rating is calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the profile, including users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company’s responses, etc. The algorithm is subject to change in the future.
1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.
2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.