With the increased digitization of financial transactions, there has been a rise in payment services. One of them is Cash App. It is a popular peer-to-peer payment service that provides customers with user-friendly banking options for seamless financial transactions.
In 2022, Cash App was ranked third as one of the most downloaded Apps in the USA, with 64 million downloads and 51 million monthly active users.
Despite its popularity and ease of use, Cash App reviews identify numerous issues related to the service. Is the payment service safe? Is it easy to become a victim of Cash App scams?
We conducted research to find answers to these questions and identify any issues or unfavorable policies you need to be informed about.
Number of Cash App reviews – 10K
Cash App rating* – 1.9⭐⭐
Claimed losses – $8.5M
Successful calls – 7%/86.5K
Resolved issues – 86
- While the Help Center ensures cutting-edge encryption and modern fraud detection technology, some Cash App reviews highlight complaints about its unreliability and vulnerability to scams.
- There are various ways to contact Cash App customer service: via phone, email, live chat, Help Center, and social media. Their most active social account is on X, and the Cash App Help Center offers an extensive FAQ section.
- Before you close your Cash App account, check carefully the information, unlink bank accounts, and transfer funds. Contact Cash App support in case of any difficulties and unclear situations.
- To stay safe on Cash App, remain vigilant for potential issues, remain well-informed, and implement secure practices to enhance your user experience.
Below, you will find how customer reviews answer the main questions about the service's trustworthiness, ways to contact Cash App customer service and delete your account, if needed, etc.
- Is Cash App safe?
- Cash App pros and cons
- Ways to contact Cash App customer service
- How to delete a Cash App account?
- Tips to stay safe
1. Is Cash App Safe?
According to their Help Center, Cash App uses cutting-edge encryption and fraud detection technology to make sure that your data and money are secure. Your information is encrypted and sent to their servers securely regardless of whether you are using public or private Wi-Fi or data services.
Customers are also encouraged to take extra precautions to protect their accounts from scams and phishing attempts. For example, enabling security lock settings for Cash App so that transactions require a passcode, Face, or Touch ID.
Regarding privacy, they say you control the information you want to share with other Cash App customers who can request money from you.
Contrary to what the company assures its customers, several Cash App complaints indicate some security issues.
For example, one frustrated customer explained they filed a dispute on several fraudulent transactions. Their dispute was denied, and the Cash App support was unhelpful and outrightly rude:
I HAVE NEVER EVEN 1 TIME have I ever gotten a rude, unpleasant hateful attitude toward them! I just simply asked to speak to a certain person or her supervisor
Similarly, another customer was double charged, leaving their Cash App account negative. Their attempt to reach the Cash App customer service was futile. They further noted:
They had a lab alert on cash app stating there has been unauthorized transactions for numerous people. If it's been hacked, their security is UNACCEPTABLE!
2. What are Cash App Pros and Cons?
Cash App reviews point to the payment service’s advantages and disadvantages as follows:
Cash App Pros:
- Easy to use.
- Instant money transfer.
- Possibility to get paid anywhere in the world.
- Option to be linked to a bank account.
- Provision for a debit card for convenient usage.
Cash App Cons:
- Unexplained account closure without considering a history of transactions.
- Reported cases of fraudulent activities.
- Holding money.
- Challenges in contacting Cash App support.
3. How to Contact Cash App Customer Service
According to their contact page, you can reach Cash App customer service via phone, live chat, help center, email, and social media.
Cash App phone number
For prompt assistance, call the Cash App phone number1-800-969-1940 Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm EST.
Cash App chat
The live chat option is available on the app. To reach out to customer service through the Cash App chat, follow these steps:
- Go to the app and tap on the profile icon.
- Select support.
- Click on “Start a Chat”.
- Write your message and send it.
Cash App help on the website
Cash App has an elaborate help center on its website where you can find answers to the most common customer issues. Go to the Cash App “Help” segment and browse through the various FAQs, or enter a question on the search bar to retrieve the most relevant FAQ articles.
Cash App mail address
Another option for contacting Cash App customer service is by sending a mail to the address below:
1955 Broadway, Suite 600
Oakland, CA 94612
Cash App social media
Cash App is active on various social media platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Reddit, X, Twitch, and Facebook. Their customer support representatives are most active on X (@Cashsupport) and are available daily from 5:00 am-7:00 pm PT.
Although the customer service information is easy to access, numerous Cash App reviews indicate that the company’s support is unreliable.
For example, in one of the recent Cash App complaints, the customer refers to the customer service as “terrible.” They encountered issues with getting back “money stolen from my account” and reaching and communicating with customer support:
Ive filed several disputes, spent hours on the phone and went rounds trying to get my money…They are rude and will disconnect the line after hours on hold.
4. How to Delete Cash App Account
Many users choose to delete their Cash App accounts as their last option when they are unable to resolve issues. If that is the case for you, here are the steps to close your Cash App account as stipulated on their help center:
- Go to the app and log into your Cash App account.
- On the home page, select “Support.”
- Select “Something Else.”
- Navigate to “Account Settings.”
- Select “Delete Your Personal Information.”
- Tap “Contact Support.”
If you are having challenges while closing your account, contact Cash App support for assistance. Remember that account closure is irreversible. So, take time to consider your decision, review your account, unlink your bank account, and transfer any remaining funds before proceeding to close your Cash App account.
5. Tips to Stay Safe on Cash App
Although Cash App has security features to safeguard your data, follow these practical tips to protect your online financial data. They can also help avoid common Cash App scams.
Confirm every payment before sending money. For added security, Cash App will always ask you to confirm payment before sending money to someone new or if the person is not in your contacts.
Don’t follow external links. Verified Cash App emails come from @square.com, @squareup.com, or @cash.app and don’t have links to other websites.
Don’t share your personal information.Do not provide anyone with your sign-in code, PIN, or SSN. The Cash App support will never ask you to provide this information via a phone call, email, or message to receive customer support. If verification is needed, it can be done within the app. Also, hide your virtual cash card info.
Enable two-factor authentication. For added security, enable two-step authentication for your Cash App account and any associated email address.
Monitor account activity. Monitor your Cash App account closely for authorized or fraudulent activities and immediately report to customer support.
Act without delay. If you suspect your Cash App card has been compromised, lock it immediately. Contact Cash App customer service for further steps.
Set Spending Limits. Use the app's features to set limits on your spending.
Beware of scams. Do not complete any test transaction or download any application for remote access. Such requests are most likely from scammers, as Cash App does not require you to do so.
Cash App is one of the most popular payment services, even with all of the complaints and frustration from users. However, it's essential to be wary of any potential issues. Stay informed and adopt secure practices to enjoy a safe user experience.
If you have encountered problems with the Cash App or just want to share your experiences, you may leave a review on PissedConsumer.com.
*Disclaimer: Ranking and statistics are based on our users’ review texts and PissedConsumer posters’ reviews. Also, a company’s rating is calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the profile, including users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company’s responses, etc. The algorithm is subject to change in the future.
1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.
2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.