As at the date of writing this article, Camping World has over 3,000 reviews on PissedConsumer.com. By the day this article was created, a company had received more than 3K questions, reviews, and complaints in the Camping World reviews and Q&A pages on PissedConsumer. The top Camping World complaints and questions are in regard to customer service, quality of products, discounts and savings, company ownership and location, and whether Camping World is legit.
We aim to make the purchase process easy for customers by helping them find answers to their company questions. As such, we identified the following top Camping World FAQs and sought their answers in the reputable websites and forums.
- How can I contact the ?ustomer service?
- Is Camping World legit?
- Who owns CampingWorld.com?
- How many locations are there?
- What is a Good Sam discount at Camping World?
- Where do I buy the gift cards?
- What is similar to www.CampingWorld.com?
- Does it buy used RVs?
1. How Can I Contact Camping World Customer Service?
Some users in Camping World reviews would like to know what communication means they can use to contact the company customer assistance team besides the Camping World phone number. There are various channels through which you can reach the Camping World customer service including via:
- live chat,
- their various social media pages (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn).
Camping World customer support is available Monday through Friday from 8.00 am to 7. 00 p.m and Saturdays from 8. 00 a.m to 4.00p.m.
PissedConsumer lists the following Camping World contact information including the phone number, a live chat link, and Camping World customer service email address.
There are at least 8 Camping World phone numbers the customers can use to reach out to the company.
Good Sam Club:
Ordering by Phone:
(888) 626-7576 USA and Canada
Request a Catalog:
Camping World Email:
2. Is Camping World Legit?
For most people, buying an RV is an expensive and long-term investment. Therefore, most customers would like to know if Camping World is legit before transacting with them. To evaluate if a company is legit, we looked at what the company promises to deliver versus whether they actually deliver their promise satisfactorily.
According to CampingWorld.com, the company promises customers great savings on top products.
We looked through Camping World reviews on PissedConsumer to see whether customers were satisfied with products and services.
As at the date of writing this article, Camping World had a 1.8-star rating and customers have claimed $9.2 million in losses from the company on PissedConsumer.
According to the rating statistics, the majority of Camping World reviews are 1-star (989 reviews), 2-star (506 reviews) and 3-star (238 reviews) with few 4-star (72 reviews) and 5-star (110 reviews) ones out of the total 1915 reviews.
Customers that 5-star rated company were especially pleased with the variety of campers and great customer service they received. Here is a sample of 5-star Camping World review. In this review, the customer praises the great customer assistance they received from the salesman and the proper functioning of the RV.
“…We had met Travis from Camping World Hanover at an Rv show and were impressed with his knowledge and No Pressure followup. When we made the final decision we went back to camping world Hanover to do the final purchase. So far weve been really happy with our decisions. Tavis and the whole team have been great and really helpful…”
On the other hand, some reviews revealed customer dissatisfaction with a company. The top Camping world complaints include:
Poor customer service
It was characterized by failure to offer customers helpful solutions and failure by the repair technicians to follow through with the scheduled repair time. Also, some consumers noted that it can be quite difficult to reach out to Camping World customer helpline.
Unfair and unclear warranty terms
Some customers complained that they had been told that the warranty covered certain parts. However, when there was damage on the said parts and they attempted to make a claim they were told that the parts were not covered.
Poor quality of products
A few customers complained after one year of purchasing their travel trailer the batteries shot, the water pump and the refrigerator weren’t working.
Questionable safety of the campers
A couple of customers had an encounter where her parked camper began to smoke from inside while she was in it.
There are also several Camping World complaints including poor customer service, poor quality of RV and long repair times.
“…First it had blotches on the skirts, the camera monitor was missing, the latch was gone from the shower door was the visible items…
…The hole is still in the front after they (Jason) told me he would sent there tech to my farm and repair it. I just told them and am telling you I will NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CAMPING WORLD HERE AGAIN!!!!!! I don't like being LIED to...”
3. Who Owns CampingWorld.com?
According to Wikipedia, Camping World was started by David Garvin in 1966. In 1997, Garvin sold the company to Good Sam Enterprises, formerly known as the Affinity Group. In 2016 Camping World was opened up for public trading in the New York Stock Exchange and raised $251 million in revenue. Marcus Lemonis co-owns Camping World alongside Crestview Partners, a private equity firm. Lemonis currently serves as the Good Sam Enterprise Chairman and CEO.
4. How Many Camping World Locations Are There?
According to Wikipedia, Camping World operates over 120 retail locations in 36 states in the US. Camping World products are also available online via CampingWorld.com or mail order.
5. What Is Good Sam Discount at www.CampingWorld.com?
According to Good Sam Club page, the Club was started in the same year that Camping World was started. It was began on the basis of the Good Samaritan concept with the aim of bring together outdoor enthusiasts for the purpose of making outdoors adventure safer by allowing members to share information and tools, and to also help each other.
According to the Join Good Sam page, members of the Camping World Good Sam Club enjoy various benefits and discounts. These benefits and discounts include:
- Free shipping on orders above $49 on CampingWorld.com
- 15% propane discounts off the regular price at Camping World Supercentres.
- Up to 10% savings every day at Camping World Super Centers and when making orders via phone.
- Installation discounts at Camping World Super Centers.
- Members-only special discounts and Camping World coupon codes on a variety of products.
- Early access to events and promotions
- Extended return policy
- Up to 10% discount on Good Sam Product Protection and Coverage against costly repairs.
- Free RV and Boat Dump Station privileges.
- Annual multi-point RV inspection.
6. Where Do I Buy Camping World Gift Cards?
Based on Camping World FAQ, you can buy a Camping World gift card on the company's website gift cards page. You can either purchase a physical gift card or an e-gift card. The physical gift card will be shipped within 5-7days to the location you provide, while the e-gift card will be sent to your email instantly.
The Camping World gift cards can be redeemed either at Camping world stores, on the website, over the phone or with catalog mail orders. They can also be used at Gander Outdoors and Overton’s stores.
7. What Is Similar to Camping World?
According to PissedConsumer.com users, the top Camping World competitors are Lazydays RV Center, General RV Center, and JD Byrider.
|Company Name||Number of Reviews||Rating*|
|Lazydays RV Center||274||⭐⭐⭐ (2.5)|
|General RV Center||390||⭐⭐ (1.9)|
|JD Byrider||1448||⭐⭐ (1.7)|
8. Does Camping World Buy Used RVs?
According to the Camping World RV community page, you can either consign your RV or sell it to the Camping World network of RV dealerships. Each store provides its specific terms of purchasing the RV. Company notes that there is no guarantee that they will be able to offer an outright purchase due to factors such as lack of available space, excess similar inventory or the condition and age of your RV.
To initiate the selling process, visit the sell your RV page on CampingWorld.com and fill in the provided form. You will be required to provide your name, contact information, location and RV information including the year, make, model, length, mileage and class of your RV among other information.
Would you like to leave a review, ask a question or get additional information about Camping World?
- Write a review on Camping World on PissedConsumer
- Ask a question on the Camping World Q&A
- Contact Camping World customer help
Health and Beauty Expert
Winnie is a freelance writer and B2C content expert who specializes in health and beauty, cafes and restaurants, fitness products buyer guides and researches. She has been working with international clients since 2012.
*The company ratings on the PissedConsumer website are calculated using a mathematical algorithm that evaluates the information in the company’s profile. The algorithm parameters are: users’ rating, the number of resolved issues, the number of company responses and more. The PissedConsumer algorithm is also subject to change in the future.
- Camping World competitors
- Camping World complaints
- Camping World contact information
- Camping World coupon codes
- Camping World customer help
- Camping World customer helpline
- Camping World customer service
- Camping World FAQs
- Camping World phone number
- Camping World rating
- Camping World reviews
- Camping World vs General Rv Center
- Camping World vs Jd Byrider
- Camping World vs Lazydays Rv Center
- Compare Camping World with Jd byrider
1. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide any legal, medical, accounting, investment or any other professional advice as individual cases may vary and should be discussed with a corresponding expert and/or an attorney.
2. All or some image copyright belongs to the original owner(s). No copyright infringement intended.